A Tale of Two Rides

dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
edited January 2013 in Horse Racing Forum
If you have some extra time and want to see a BRILLIANT ride, and a FUNNY ride, then watch today's SA replays.

In the first race, Garrett Gomez, on the 2 horse for Peter Miller, was superb. He saved all the ground and eased off the rail, 3 wide right at the top of the lane, and ran down the lone speed. Honestly, watch it a few times - you still don't understand how he got up on that horse. Amazing really.

And for a good laugh, watch Cassandra Brannick in the last (9th). She's on the best horse (4), and keeps looking around in the lane, then forgets to hit the horse, until she finally coughs it up late. Sad if you had it, but funny for everyone else.

Comments

• dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited January 2013
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    If you have some extra time and want to see a BRILLIANT ride, and a FUNNY ride, then watch today's SA replays.

In the first race, Garrett Gomez, on the 2 horse for Peter Miller, was superb. He saved all the ground and eased off the rail, 3 wide right at the top of the lane, and ran down the lone speed. Honestly, watch it a few times - you still don't understand how he got up on that horse. Amazing really.

And for a good laugh, watch Cassandra Brannick in the last (9th). She's on the best horse (4), and keeps looking around in the lane, then forgets to hit the horse, until she finally coughs it up late. Sad if you had it, but funny for everyone else.

Here's Bob Ike's twitter thoughts:

@bobike1: Was it really worth the 10 lb. weight allowance to use Casandra Branick in the nightcap at SA? One of the weakest rides I've ever witnessed.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited January 2013
    That's it
    I'm fucking done ever betting horses again. (at least until Thursday and opening weekend at Oaklawn)

Worst photo finish loss ever in the 1st at SA. I still can't believe the finish. Garcia finished a full foot in front of the Gomez mount but GoGo had his mounts head down. Between this race and the fucked-up Aqueduct pick-6 with the break-down and Rose stopping---I'm DONE!!!!!
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited January 2013
    Yeah, it cost me the P5, but I think they were working on a movable camera system if Gary Stevens got close.