NHC Recap

CigarShopCigarShop Senior Member
edited January 2013 in Horse Racing Forum
Well back to "reality" my experience at the NHC was a bit overwhelming. Wish we had our own TV and work station. Having to sit at tables with everyone and all the noise. Has to be a better way.
What killed me was both my BB never hit the board. I was as high as 28th on Friday and then went in reverse.
Overall I'm happy with my performance. Now I have to qualify again to make next years.

Now time to study Weds at Aqu. YIKES...hope all is well in HRT land

Comments

• Polamalu43Polamalu43 Senior Member
    edited January 2013
    Cigar:

I qualified for the horseplayer world series in February at the Orleans. Formatted much the same way, but could you give me other details on how your experience was in Vegas as far as the contest went?

I know what tracks that will be played each day of the contest, but remain a bit sketchy on other details as this is my first time qualifying for a contest this big.

Are you given the specific races the night before to handicap? What mechanism do you use to place your mythical W/P bet? Any other pointers that you can give me would be greatly appreciated!

If there are others on the board that could provide me any input I would greatly appreciate it!

Take care everyone!
  • CigarShopCigarShop Senior Member
    edited January 2013
    Congratulations on qualifying. In the NHC they gave us the Mandatory plays one day prior.
    Hopefully in your event you don't sit at big tables with noise and other assholes running around, too much chaos to my liking.
    Also the DRF idiots running around asking you what site you use to wager, then prodding you to sign up for DRF.com.
    Crap swag, TVG hat,DRF hat. I mean real crap.
    I did stay at PH though, my home base in Vegas. There it's fun..great sushi,steak house, etc.

If you need anymore pointer, leave me your email and we will connect. Best of luck to you.