Big Lute @ Oaklawn

fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
edited October 2013 in Horse Racing Forum
Our Oaklawn boys are silent on this one. Big Lute broke his maiden yesterday for Steve Hobby in fine fashion and was geared down big time down the lane. He won by over 4 lengths and looks like a stake horse from my eye. I think we will see him down the Oaklawn TC trail or ship out if too many West Coast horses come to town again this year. He looks like one of the strongest of the locals off this maiden win. I would bookmark this colt.

fb

Comments

• John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited February 2013
    There was alot of buzz on this one and 2-1 was expected. Owner Lieblong was on hand most mornings to watch him work. We'll see if Hobby can keep him healthy?

Another going today that will get played is in the 5th. #5 Street Hoss, 8-1, is the backside buzz horse. Claimed first out off Mike Maker by astute claimer Jack Frost, who immediately got this one off the weeds and his works over a dull OP surface have been impressive. A ton of speed in this race and I expect Street Hoss to be rolling late under overlooked jock Alex Cancheri. WPS and exotic bx with 2-4-5.

In the 6th---#5 Stereo In Motion, 7/2

In the 7th---#7 Quartersawn, 5-1

San pablo may get a jock change, as Chris DeCarlo is said to be having travel problems. Agents are said to be going crazy trying to get this mount for TAP. I think it is a two-horse race in a surprisingly small field running in the Essex Hdc., which is usually a good prep for the Oaklawn Hdc. Brett Calhoun has Donoharm, who is in top form.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited October 2013
    Big Lute back in today at Keeneland.
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited October 2013
    Tough race. Thanks for the reminder.