Calumet Farm Thursday Oaklawn

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited February 2013 in Horse Racing Forum
Months after leasing the famed Calumet Farm and negotiating with a South American for the rights to the famed silks(big $$$ payoff), Owner Brad Kelley sends out his first runner under the name and silks on Thursday.

Race 7
3yo Msw $53k 6 furlongs

#8 WINE GLOW, ml ?, by Tiznow and a Storm Cat mare, homebred from Blue Grass Hall(now Calumet Farm), was thrown in deep in previous starts but gets in against lesser on Thursday.. Last start he was gunned to the front and faded going 1 1/16, cuts back to 6f here. Lukas goes to his newest favorite jock Jon Court and Wine Glow should lead these every step of the way on a track which is just now beginning to get some bounce to it. The decision to pick this horse and this race to bust the cherry for Calumet was by design, and I expect this one to be a winner for the connections. He may offer good value too?

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Comments

• John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited February 2013
    wrong gender---3yo Fillies
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited February 2013
    Paulick Report says that Kelley will continue to use Bluegreass Hall Black and gold silks---Ark Gazette says that he will run in Devil's Red and blue Calumet silks? Who knows????I guess we'll find out tomorrow!
  • burtlakeburtlake Junior Member
    edited February 2013
    30/1
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited February 2013
    I noticed that too. Interesting as well is the fact that TNT stud races in those colors in south America, but not in so cal.

Is this horse getting too much coverage?
  • burtlakeburtlake Junior Member
    edited February 2013
    pick 3 paying 7GRAND for 50 cents