Gulfstream play from DiscreetPicks

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited April 2013 in Horse Racing Forum
Gulfstream - Race 7

#5 Jack Milton (3/1 ml)

As just mentioned, take War Dancer out of this guy's last race, and he's beating a large field by almost 6 lengths in fast time. That while breaking from the 9-hole going two turns, which didn't help. Almost equal to that however is the fact that he came back to work heads-up on Jan. 27 with Verrazano, whom as you know came out of that drill to win by 16 lengths last weekend (and you may recall, i suggested before that race that Verrazano might be the best 3yo in Pletcher's barn, despite the presence of Breeders Cup winner Shanghai Bobby). So obviously a hugely positive sign for Jack Milton there, and if that weren't enough, he then came back to work heads-up with Delhomme, who was last seen missing by less than a length in the Grade 2 Remsen Stakes. So lots to like here, indeed.

HRT record:

89 for 335 (27%)

$763.80 mutuels ($8.56 avg)

Comments

• dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited February 2013
    Gulfstream - Race 7

#5 Jack Milton (3/1 ml)

As just mentioned, take War Dancer out of this guy's last race, and he's beating a large field by almost 6 lengths in fast time. That while breaking from the 9-hole going two turns, which didn't help. Almost equal to that however is the fact that he came back to work heads-up on Jan. 27 with Verrazano, whom as you know came out of that drill to win by 16 lengths last weekend (and you may recall, i suggested before that race that Verrazano might be the best 3yo in Pletcher's barn, despite the presence of Breeders Cup winner Shanghai Bobby). So obviously a hugely positive sign for Jack Milton there, and if that weren't enough, he then came back to work heads-up with Delhomme, who was last seen missing by less than a length in the Grade 2 Remsen Stakes. So lots to like here, indeed.

HRT record:

89 for 335 (27%)

$763.80 mutuels ($8.56 avg)

Was unplayable @ 3/5 after being 1/5 much of the betting. He took the worst of it at the start, and still ran well for second. It's worth noting the winner (here i am red-boarding) had some hidden form, and was clearly Rosario's choice @ 6-1.

Hopefully we get 2-1 on the Pletcher maiden tomorrow.
    edited February 2013
    I guess it's also worth noting War Dancer ran poorly (albeit on dirt) earlier on the card.
    edited February 2013
    I guess its also worth noting Jack Milton looks like a BEAST on the track.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited February 2013
    Yeah, I though the 4-horse would attract enough money to make Jack Milton playable. Didn't happen that way. Nice run from him though, and the winner looked good as well.
    edited April 2013
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    I guess its also worth noting Jack Milton looks like a BEAST on the track.

He's a beast. Watched his Graded Stakes win @ Keeneland with the connections @ SA today, they knew exactly what to expect, and are very pleased. The major surprise to me was the exacta and trifecta payouts, as there were only 3 other horses with a chance in the race. One of whom I believe ran between Black Onyx and Crop Report (I tossed my Form already).