Top Tier Trainer DERBY Horse Rankings

dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
edited February 2013 in Horse Racing Forum
These are guesses, correct them or make your own.

Pletcher:

1. Verrazano
2. Palace Malice
3. Delhomme
4. Shanghai Bobby
5. Violence

Honorable mention to that turf horse who looked like a beast running second a few days back, Capo Bastone, Uncaptured, and a few others.

Baffert:

1. Belvin
2. Super Ninety Nine
3. Flashback
4. Shakin' It Up
5. Curly Top

10 Honorable mentions here, maybe more.

Comments

• John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited February 2013
    Don't think TAP can take a chance that one race will get Verrazano to the Big Dance? Right now I'm hearing Tampa Bay Derby, and Florida Derby if needed. There are bound to be casualties in the next few weeks(always are) and who knows how this will play out?

I'll leave the Baffert Army up to you! Too many to count right now.

Looks like me and FB will be tearing up the town for the Risen Star! Everyone's Invited!
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited February 2013
    FWIW,

TAP barn thinks that Palace Malice is as good as any right now, and they think his gallop-outs are better than any. The decision to go to New Orleans was made by Managing Partner, not TAP, who is said to have been eager to test his medal in the FOY. It looks like a dog-eat-dog situation in the TAP barn. Probably more so in the Baffert camp?
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited February 2013
    FWIW,

TAP barn thinks that Palace Malice is as good as any right now, and they think his gallop-outs are better than any. The decision to go to New Orleans was made by Managing Partner, not TAP, who is said to have been eager to test his medal in the FOY. It looks like a dog-eat-dog situation in the TAP barn. Probably more so in the Baffert camp?

I wish I knew more about the Baffert runners. He's just got way too many to count with big-time ability, bred to get the distance too. Good Luck with Palace Malice, that would certainly be an unimaginable thrill.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited February 2013
    I can give you all a little nugget. I know for a fact that Bobby B is being realy coy on CODE WEST!!!! He loves CODE WEST and this colt will love CH surface. It going to be crazy with the new point system and I love it. No errors on the Road to the Derby this year. Going to have to earn you way in the starting gate.
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited February 2013
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    These are guesses, correct them or make your own.

Pletcher:

1. Verrazano
    2. Palace Malice
    3. Delhomme
    4. Shanghai Bobby
    5. Violence

Honorable mention to that turf horse who looked like a beast running second a few days back, Capo Bastone, Uncaptured, and a few others.

Baffert:

1. Belvin
    2. Super Ninety Nine
    3. Flashback
    4. Shakin' It Up
    5. Curly Top

10 Honorable mentions here, maybe more.

I didn't do too badly with Baffert. Belvin was a flop, but Shakin' It Up and Super Ninety Nine looked pretty damn good this weekend. Get the feeling the real horses are starting to barely just now emerge.