Itsmyluckyday

CigarShopCigarShop Senior Member
edited February 2013 in Horse Racing Forum
Just wondering why all the talk about Baffert and Pletchers Horses, but no mention of:

ITSMYLUCKYDAY- Edward Plesa Jr. Has this son of Lawyer Ron in fantastic shape.

On 1/1/13 he won the GP Derby, then on 1/26 the Holy Bull Stakes.

He closed at 13/1 in the 1st Derby Pool. You guys can all trip over the Big Twos horses, but I'll take Plesa Jrs. Horse all the way to the Cashiers window.

Comments

• fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited February 2013
    Let's hope it stays that way. This colt is a real runner and will make his presence felt in a big way on the 1st Saturday in May. If you like this colt you will get a price on him just based on his low profile connections. The horse racing media is up TAP's ass each and everyday. Remember this HOF'er has only 1 derby win on his reume and that was a ground saving trip from Borail over a sealed track that year. I'm no fan of TAP at all as his EGO is out of control. But my boy JG has Palace Malice with him and will always have to root for my boy JG on any give day. I have learned over the years not to let differences get in the way of making money IE: Football Teams, Horses, Trainers and so forth. But let's hope Itmyluckyday stays under the radar. He will only have one more start and if he wins the Fla. Derby he will be the now/buzz horse coming into the derby. But then again they will say he is a horse for the course!!!!
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited February 2013
    fbwinners wrote: »
    Let's hope it stays that way. This colt is a real runner and will make his presence felt in a big way on the 1st Saturday in May. If you like this colt you will get a price on him just based on his low profile connections. The horse racing media is up TAP's ass each and everyday. Remember this HOF'er has only 1 derby win on his reume and that was a ground saving trip from Borail over a sealed track that year. I'm no fan of TAP at all as his EGO is out of control. But my boy JG has Palace Malice with him and will always have to root for my boy JG on any give day. I have learned over the years not to let differences get in the way of making money IE: Football Teams, Horses, Trainers and so forth. But let's hope Itmyluckyday stays under the radar. He will only have one more start and if he wins the Fla. Derby he will be the now/buzz horse coming into the derby. But then again they will say he is a horse for the course!!!!

I had to let my Talamo thing go after it cost me several times. I still think twice about female jocks, but that's probably made me money.

13-1 is not a fair price at this juncture, he has no guarantee @ a spot in the starting gate, might face injury, and is unproven (as all are) at the distance.