Gulfstream Rainbow Pick 6 Carryover

kkeggkkegg Junior Member
edited February 2013 in Horse Racing Forum
So I am new to this site and don't quite understand how the Rainbow Pick 6 works. I understand that it takes a unique ticket to win the big pot, but how long does this carryover?...and at what point do they end up divvying the big pot up?

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited February 2013
    Until someone hits it (by themselves), or until the end of the meet. On the last day of racing there'll be a mandatory payout, regardless of how many winning tickets there are.
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited February 2013
    Until someone hits it (by themselves), or until the end of the meet. On the last day of racing there'll be a mandatory payout, regardless of how many winning tickets there are.

And that's the ONLY playable day. As of a week ago syndicate betting eliminated ANY chance of having a single live ticket. I heard about few morons who only caught 5 on a $6800 play (a ten cent base play) earlier today.
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited February 2013
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    And that's the ONLY playable day. As of a week ago syndicate betting eliminated ANY chance of having a single live ticket. I heard about few morons who only caught 5 on a $6800 play (a ten cent base play) earlier today.

I lied. Here's the story:

HALLANDALE BEACH Fla. - The Rainbow 6 jackpot, which has grown on a daily basis since Dec. 28, was finally hit on Friday when one ticket holder correctly picked all six winners to take down a prize worth $3,591,245 for a 10-cent wager. The payoff is the largest on a single wager in the history of Gulfstream Park.

The winning ticket was purchased at the Meadowlands for $3,118.50, according to the track’s mutuel department. To take down the Rainbow 6 jackpot, a bettor must have the only ticket with the winning combination. Friday’s Rainbow 6 pool totaled $438,733, which meant there was just a single winning ticket out of 4,387,330 combinations played on Friday.

The winning Rainbow 6 sequence, which did not contain a single favorite, began in race 5 with the 56-1 Keynor Veloz ($114) and continued with Original Cast ($11.40), Odalys Halo ($36.40), Artie’s Jasper ($17.20), Mays Treasuretrove ($23.60) and Feline Forum ($23)

Kinda sucks, because I actually bet Original Cast and Feline Forum (but then again, that would have made 2 tickets and no winner.)