Friday Ponies

dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
edited February 2013 in Horse Racing Forum
All just thoughts @ this point.

Gulfstream:

Race 4: Ruby Lips has always been highly regarded, and goes here for Nevin (lol, Dutrow). The 7 horse, gets Castellano to stick, and is the clear speed IMO @ 8-1. However, my interest here falls on the Rosario mount, Cat's Holiday. This horse won at first asking going two-turns, and it may have been an accident. He get Lasix today and obviously trainer Motion and Rosario are a live combo, regardless of what DRF stats lead you to believe. Getting 10-1 doesn't seem realistic, but I would take half that as a gamble.

Race 5: The #3 horse will be a play IF he ships. Trainer a juicer, and very cagey - almost %50 first out, and this is the bottom level.

Comments

• dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited February 2013
    Race 6: I'm betting $10 across on Rosario's mule @ what will be 40-1.

Race 8: Our old buddy Fergus Bogle sends out the 8, who looks live after watching the wide trip in his last. He actually has one earlier on the card with a shot too, but I can't bet those cheap mules that far away from home. Chad Brown's second timer, JV's charge, and Rosario outside all figure tough in this event. That's the 2,7,8,12.
    edited February 2013
    Race 9: Small money W/P on the Rosario (he should be my Valentine).

Race 10: Is the Pletcher favorite a private purchase gone wrong? Something looks suspect. I'll take my chances W/P with Rosario's mount for the Ramsey family (he's been keeping them in the winner's circle) @ the price of 10-1. The 7 gets an honorable mention.
    edited February 2013
    FB correct me where I'm wrong. LOL.
    edited February 2013
    Golden Gate (Sick Fuck):

R3 Check prices on 2/5
    R5 6/7 Preference 6
    R6 #6
    edited February 2013
    Ok, I better do some Valentines shit before I end up single. SA in the AM. And on FG play I wanna ask about.
    edited February 2013
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    Golden Gate (Sick Fuck):

R3 Check prices on 2/5
    R5 6/7 Preference 6
    R6 #6

Lol. Gulfstream was fucking destroyed by rain, not bettable, and my horses scratched anyways. Crushed the Golden Gate though. That's right boys - there's a 25-1 exacta in there, along with with a winner and a second at a price.

The real story of the day was that the last race at SA was "fixed," with #2 Smart Journey working too good to lose @ 20-1 ML for obscure connections (But a known gambling owner). However, the horse scratched with 3 minutes to post @ 6-1. I guess too many people found out.