Handicapping database

klatuuklatuu Junior Member
edited February 2013 in Horse Racing Forum
HI Handicappers,

I was wondering if there are any interested handicappers who might be willing to get together and contribute data for a database? I'm building a software application to test some of my systems for handicapping. That is, I have been building an application and am using a SQL database, but am looking for data to fill it up. I got my data from using both Always from Brisnet and Formulator 4 from DRF. The DRF data I have to export one race card at a time, nothing bulk or multi season or multi year. So, its limiting my testing to just a few hundred races.

The only data I can buy seems to be the 'text charts' of the results of the races. I'd really like to get a few tracks and a few years of data together. I was thinking if we pool our data, I'd be glad to share it with those who contributed. Each person contribute a few seasons of data at a track and we could get a worthwhile database in short order. I will not be selling this, so there's no issue there.

I'd like to see if there's any interest in doing this, and we can get into the details if there's enough people interested.

klatuu