20 Treasury Bill 30-1
21 Uncaptured 30-1
22 Verrazano 10-1
23 Vyjack 30-1
24 All Other 3-Year-Olds

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited March 2013
    Capo Bastone, Frac Daddy, He's Had Enough, Mylute, Violence, and Will Take Charge are all gone from the first list.

Interesting that Capo Bastone disappears following a win...
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    Ok. So it is this weekend, that's what I thought. But, this weekend has races that will sway the odds.

I'm gonna try and get small Delhomme and Shakin It Up @ prices. Then, as I've stated before, get maybe another $500 worth of field at a decent price (and it's the same as Pool 1 at a better price, and the only new entry I'm afraid of is SIU, who will be covered by the first bet anyways)
    edited March 2013
    Oh, and is the filly Pool this weekend DC? Or does that coincide with pool 3?
    edited March 2013
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    Oh, and is the filly Pool this weekend DC? Or does that coincide with pool 3?

Filly pool IS this weekend.

I have a little extra investment cash too, as I crushed the P5 several times at SA today. Go team 24.
    edited March 2013
    Still wondering what kind of shot Midnight Lucky has of making the Oaks...
    edited March 2013
    the only new entry I'm afraid of is SIU, who will be covered by the first bet anyways)

Palace Malice?
    edited March 2013
    Palace Malice?

For sure. Sorry to anyone that offended (although, it probably will help his chances). Excuse my oversight, however, like SIU, he's not individual in the first Pool, so I've got him.
    edited March 2013
    Still wondering what kind of shot Midnight Lucky has of making the Oaks...

The Oaks is still determined by $, right?

BTW, Midnight Lucky closed @ 12-1 tonight.
    edited March 2013

Interesting that Capo Bastone disappears following a win...

I'm gonna laugh this horse into the winner's circle, but he was life and death to win an OC75kN1X and has like 1 point. Either way, if you bet #24 here, you get him, just in case.
    edited March 2013
    I know you're supposed to wait until Sunday to check odds and late breaking news, but here's my 3 fun to follow bets.

KY Derby Futures 2 $50.00 WN 2,14,16 $150.00 Pending

That's Shakin', Malice, and Jake.

All others hanging tough @ 8/5, but the joke is Super 99 @ 18-1. C'mon. He has 10 points.
    edited March 2013
    Exacta saver for my 3 horses. I guess they can get beat by as many all others as they want, as long as they don't get beat by a listed horse, because there is no 24/24 exacta.

KY Derby Futures 2 $5.00 EX 24 / 2,14,16 $15.00 Pending
    edited March 2013
    Anybody make any "investments?"

KY Oaks Futures 1 $50.00 WN 11 $50.00 Pending (Midnight Lucky)

I missed the derby Field @ 3-1. Oh, well.
    edited March 2013
    Baffert's Oaks 3 pack:

Two-time Kentucky Oaks winner Bob Baffert trains three fillies the Oaks pool: recent maiden winner Midnight Lucky (#14, 16-1), Las Virgenes runner-up Fiftyshadesofhay (#8, 20-1), and , whose impressive 2-year-old campaign in 2012 included Grade I victories in the Del Mar Debutante and Santa Anita’s Chandelier.

The N1x horse got all the play?
    edited March 2013
    I know. I was quite disappointed in MIdnight Lucky's price (especially considering Baffert skipped the Oaks with Mamma Kimbo last year whe she was coming off a win in the Fantasy), so i passed.

What's equally disappointing is that this pool is the one-and-only chance to bet Oaks futures anywhere in the country. They haven't offered them in Vegas in about 10 years. Pretty sad.
    edited March 2013
    I know. I was quite disappointed in MIdnight Lucky's price (especially considering Baffert skipped the Oaks with Mamma Kimbo last year whe she was coming off a win in the Fantasy), so i passed.

What's equally disappointing is that this pool is the one-and-only chance to bet Oaks futures anywhere in the country. They haven't offered them in Vegas in about 10 years. Pretty sad.

Betfair is gonna fix this I hope. Exchange wagering presents exciting opportunities, especially when mixed with the ability to parimutually wager.

I would assume we will have access to much more Euro style gaming, where futures on individual interests are readily available.
    edited March 2013
    Oh, and yeah, horrible price on Lucky. Honestly, I hit for over $10k last weekend (a lot in cash, which is always nice), so my bet was just for fun.
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited March 2013

So far got:

Pool 1: Oxbow $20 All Others $140

Pool 2: Falling Sky $10 Palace Malice $50 All Others $40 Also played Normandy Invasion $20 which was a waste!!!
  • melecomeleco Junior Member
    edited March 2013
    Thought this page by Jeff Siegel is pretty cool...
    2013 Kentucky Derby Rankings | HRTV.com
    edited March 2013
    Thanks, nice link!
    edited March 2013
    Thanks, nice link!

I've Struck a Nerve the points leader?
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    meleco wrote: »
    Thought this page by Jeff Siegel is pretty cool...
    2013 Kentucky Derby Rankings | HRTV.com

Seems this guy was somewhat high on Hear The Ghost

Also helps out Team 24 in both pools
    edited March 2013
    Mikenyce wrote: »
    Seems this guy was somewhat high on Hear The Ghost

Also helps out Team 24 in both pools

Yeah, Verrazano slightly wounded us, but overall very positive.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    I've Struck a Nerve the points leader?

Off the trail now!!!!
    edited March 2013
    fbwinners wrote: »
    Off the trail now!!!!

I'm not sure his victory chance was worth shit, but he was gonna keep somebody out of the gate. What happened FB?
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    I'm not sure his victory chance was worth shit, but he was gonna keep somebody out of the gate. What happened FB?

Ankle injury off last work. Heading back to farm for R/R!!!! Did you get some of Cyber Secret today???
    edited March 2013
    FB, Missed Cyber Secret, but I rarely play Oaklawn. But I loved your 2 GP Plays. Had a Huge Double from that bet down Pletcher to Hyper. Sent you an email about ALL ALEX.
    edited March 2013
    Yeah, Verrazano slightly wounded us, but overall very positive.

I've got Verrazano on top of the field. If Verrazano wins and one of the listed horses runs second, i may cry.

Liking Team 24 right now though. Hear The Ghost looked great (though he was obviously helped by the pace duel up front), and that longshot who ran second behind Verrazano @ Tampa looked pretty good as well.
    edited March 2013

Clean sweep this weekend for my futures (kinda). Added two spots on Team 24, and came away with small money on the likely Oaks favorite if she makes it soundly. Freak of nature she is.
    edited March 2013
    Yeah, another nice day for Team 24. Looks like Midnight Lucky may indeed make the Oaks, too. I was hoping that Pletcher horse would take a lot more money yesterday, i ended up having to pass the race. Told my subscribers that i would've been happy with just even-money on Midnight Lucky, but we couldn't even get that.
    edited March 2013
    DC - very interesting that the bettors seem to have a better grasp on the points. With 5 100 point races left, ten spots in a 20 horse gate still have not been decided. The field went favored over Verrazano. Team 24 looks good, Flashback being the biggest threat IMO.