Next-race plans for Derby Contenders

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited March 2013 in Horse Racing Forum
Extensive list, nice work here...

The Downey Profile®

Comments

• dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    Here's a few interesting (to me anyways) points. But, great article overall.

Still waiting to see where Crop Report will go next for Graham Motion. He was a fast-closing third in a turf allowance at Gulfstream Park on Feb. 23. Since the same connections used the Spiral as a steppingstone for Animal Kingdom, an appearance there would it be no surprise.

Horrible ride, he was best for sure, and didn't get beaten up.

John Sadler’s Demonic is finally back galloping after reportedly getting over a foot bruise. Originally scheduled for the San Felipe, Sadler said on Friday that he would have to chart a new course.

Too late, I think, but you never know.

Also of interest is that Title Contender is at Fair Grounds now.

Gary and Mary West horse right? Not sure he was cut out for California stakes racing.

Baffert's Curly Top is an unknown. He took 20 days off the worktab before putting in a three-furlong move on Feb. 26.

Yuck. I was never blown away by this one, but sometimes grinders can do it.

Eddie Kenneally’s Honorable Dillon will go two turns for the first time in Saturday's Tampa Bay Derby.

I'll probably make a small bet. That track plays a little funny IMO

Omega Star, a California-bred in the barn of John Shireffs, will run in the San Felipe on Saturday.

LOL. Here's FB's thoughts before his CAL-BRED maiden race, where we actually got a decent (2-1 I think) price... I really don't think you can play SA at this time. They harrowed the track and then a little rain came and it was sealed right away. I'm looking forward to Omega Star on tomorrow in race 7. He looks like a real runner IMO. Good luck tomorrow at SA as they have 4/10 races carded for the weeds.

No word yet on Palace Malice, third in the Risen Star for Pletcher.

Treasury Bill breezed Monday in preparation for the Rebel. Ron Ellis trains.

Dry Summer to the Sunland Derby.

Slick Mullins move.

Just Win Baby to the Sunland Derby.

LOL at me later, but I think this is a real race horse. Triple crown baby.