Gulfstream

benett42benett42 Junior Member
edited March 2013 in Horse Racing Forum
Gulfstream Park 3/6/13

Race 1- 2) Ariel's Boy chased outside going two turns as the favorite in last and was claimed. Needs alert start but should work out a great inside trip behind tiring speed.

Race 2- 1) Fort Boonesborough raced one paced for most of the race last time and now gets huge rider change on a horse that needs to be kept after.
2) Young Dude emerges from same race and was claimed. May be the inside speed and purse is big enough that the drop off the claim isn't a prime concern.

Race 3- 1) Fast Time should turn the table on these today drawing the rail. Hoping JJ to just send but this one doesn't need the lead to win. However, if JJ does gun, he can go 43 to the half and still draw away. Solid.

Race 4- 2) Billos Boy makes first start off the claim by Patty Farro and finds a field loaded with speed. Should work out a beautiful inside trip and need only hold off the Walder claim, 8) Hear Me Comin, for the biggest slice.

Race 5- 4) Arion Silver gets a bigger makeover than Ru Paul. Big shot at a great price making his true debut.
1) Third Martini returns from long layoff for a tag. All races are good enough and is still in for above the sale price. Using but really love the 4.

Race 6- 2) Haverhill finds field screaming for a closer. Draws inside and need only find clear sailing.

Race 7- 1) Heart And Pride draws the rail with bullet speed and rail draw may be enough for the cap and gown.
5) Siver Value adds blinkers after troubled debut. Not a lot of room for mistakes going five on this course.
7) Paint the Moon and 9) Pace a Punch both have license to move forward in second start. Tough field.
12) Trev is definitely meant for grass. Tough spot even if he draws in but has limiless ability.

Race 8- 3) Andele is an expensive Darley purchase. Purchase being the key word as most of that barn are home breds. Ran to her odds in debut then disappeared.
Adds lasix for best layoff trainer on the planet and expect a monstrous effort today. Last time at over even money if you ask me.

Race 9- 5) Rapacious at least has some form of positional speed. Super nice turf colt has these at this mercy and should dictate the pace scenario. Have to wonder how good this one would be in a better barn.

Race 10- 9) A P Asset drops to the basement in second start and has the right style in race loaded with quitters.
1) Marine was claimed in last, way back in August, and now returns at the bottom. More red flags than China but field is just so bad.

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited March 2013
    Just got done looking at the 8th.

McLaughlin is a whiz bring horses back from long layoffs (25% when coming off a layoff of 6 months or greater, for nearly a 50% flat-bet profit), and he's also great with horses getting first-time Lasix (30% in that category for an even bigger flat-bet profit), but beyond that i'm unable to find a whole lot. May have been working the horse with those from other barns, as best as i can tell, which would be out of character. Also looks like a tough post-draw (for a horse who appears to race on or near the lead), being drawn inside the likely pacesetter MIss Moonshine. Might get caught on the inner half of a pace duel, which is never good. Definitely some things to like, but as the 3/1 ml favorite i think the negatives outweigh the positives.

Anyway, good luck on your plays today. Nice post...
  • JermanJerman Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    Nice call on Race 5
  • stevebethasstevebethas Junior Member
    edited March 2013
    Great pics today thanks for the insight:
  • benett42benett42 Junior Member
    edited March 2013
    You people are all so kind.
    I've been in a horrible slump posting loser after loser and no one ever said one negative thing to me.
    One winning day and you make me feel like a prince.
    Thank you all so much.
    Ben
  • benett42benett42 Junior Member
    edited March 2013
    You couldn't have been more dead on.
    I truly appreciate the feedback. There are often times that I'll overlook something ore even worse, be blinded by prejudice when I like a horse going in.
    I think one of the biggest things I've learned about handicapping is that this isn't a competition between handicappers. It's about getting winners and I've learned the humility to keep an open mind to what others have to say and or think.
    Thank you again.
    Ben