Louisiana Derby--Palace Malice

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited March 2013 in Horse Racing Forum
This just announced:

Palace Malice and Prado to Louisiana Derby

Dogwood Stable’s Palace Malice will run next in the Louisiana Derby on March 30, and Edgar Prado will ride him, it was announced by Cot Campbell, Dogwood president.

“He was beaten a half-length for all the money in the Risen Star, and that was the colt’s first time around two turns, so the mile and an eighth race is the logical next step for this Curlin colt, one that is bred to appreciate a route,” Campbell said.

“Understandably, our previous rider Rosie Napravnik goes to Florida that day for Shanghai Bobby, the two-year-old champion. But we have done much fine business with Edgar, a splendid, Hall of Fame rider, in sharp form right now,” Campbell said.

“We’re all looking for points and Fair Grounds seems the best place for us to find some more to add to our 10. Palace Malice is based in Florida with Todd Pletcher, but he’s an easy going colt who won’t mind the journey. He’s run four times at four different racetracks.”

Campbell said the colt would ship to Fair Grounds in New Orleans around March 27 or 28, with a draft of Florida-based runners.

Palace Malice, out of the Royal Anthem mare, Palace Rumor, was purchased by Dogwood last April at the Keeneland Two-Year-Old Sale
:

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited March 2013
    34097457.jpg
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    Let me know if you are coming down. I will have surgery on my foot next week. I'm going to try and lock in a sitting area that day as I will be limited to getting around that day. I will be in touch.