Palace Malice tied for #23 on the current points list

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited March 2013 in Horse Racing Forum
In case you were wondering.

Btw John, would you happen to have any further info about Verrazano's "grabbed quarter" injury?

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited March 2013
    Btw, a Palace Malice update for you....

Yesterday he worked heads-up with Authenticity, an older filly who won a Gulfstream allowance race last month by 17 1/2 lengths. Encouraging drill, once again...
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    DC - I posted this, but it got passed over a bit. From Bloodhorse. JG ant feedback?

Pletcher worked several of his other Derby hopefuls over what appeared to be a somewhat cuppy racetrack Sunday at Palm Meadows.

Juvenile champion Shanghai Bobby was the first to go, breezing five furlongs in 1:02.78 in company under jockey Javier Castellano. The pair, working under the cover of darkness, went off a very slow opening eighth of 14 and change and quarter in 27.36, but finished well and galloped out strong, completing six furlongs in 1:15.56 before pulling up seven-eighths in 1:28.58.

“I thought it was a solid work for him,” said Pletcher. “They got off to a little bit of a slow start but then finished up real well and galloped out strongly.”

Delhomme was the next of the Derby prospects to go, working five-eighths in 1:00.99 and galloping out six furlongs in 1:14.82 in tandem with Abraham. Delhomme is slated to make his next start on Saturday in the Rebel at Oaklawn.

Revolutionary and Capo Bastone breezed together after the break, completing five furlongs in 1:01.38 and galloping out six furlongs in 1:14.38, with Castellano aboard Revolutionary and John Velasquez up on Capo Bastone.

“I thought it was a good solid work, I was happy with both of them,” said Pletcher.

Revolutionary will make his next start in the Louisiana Derby while Pletcher said Capo Bastone would probably join Delhomme this weekend in the Rebel lineup.

Palice Malice followed shortly thereafter, breaking off a length behind the older allowance-winning mare Authenticity and finishing about a half-length behind after covering a half-mile in 49.25. The team galloped out five-eighths in 1:01.91.
    Palice Malice is also being pointed for the Louisiana Derby on March 30.
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    Haskin's thoughts:

#10 Palace Malice Todd Pletcher

Curlin—Palace Rumor, by Royal Anthem

Unlike Oxbow, he will return to Fair Grounds for the Louisiana Derby, where he should be much tighter and fitter than he was for the Risen Star. He loses Rosie Napravnik to Shanghai Bobby in the Florida Derby, but gets Edgar Prado, who has made a big comeback and is hot right now in stakes races, riding some classy Pletcher horses. It wasn’t that long ago that Prado was one of the main go-to riders in the country. I still feel this colt, who breezed a half in :49 2/5, has tremendous room for improvement following his first two-turn race and having only one sprint race in 5 1/2 months. He also has a strong pedigree and should only keep improving as the distances stretch out.