Highlights from the Ocala 2YO in training sale.

dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
edited May 2013 in Horse Racing Forum
This guy is talking back to back wins:

Hip No. 41, a filly by High Cotton —Revealing Blush, by Diplomatic Jet. Consigned by Crupi’s New Castle Farm, agent.
“This filly is very precocious,” said Jim Crupi of the $40,000 OBS August graduate. “She worked in :10.1. I can see her winning the first baby race at Keeneland and then the first 2-year-old stakes race at Keeneland. She’s that type of filly.”

For DC:

Hip No. 248, a colt by Discreet Cat —Fontal, by Southern Halo (worked a co-bullet :9 4/5 during the preview) . Consigned by Eisaman Equine, agent.
“This is an immensely talent Discreet Cat colt,” said Eisaman. “He is a classy acting colt with a great mind.”

And finally, one who will win at the SPA:

Hip No. 288, a colt by Freud —I’m a Real Cowgirl, by Western Expression . Consigned by Crupi’s New Castle Farm, agent.
“This colt will win going long at Saratoga,” said Crupi. “He breezed a quarter in :21 4/5. All of our horses have received a lot of attention. We had 350 cards here on the table when we started showing and we’re down to just a few left.”

Read more on BloodHorse.com: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/76809/horses-to-watch-at-obs-march-sale#ixzz2NI8dG4At

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited March 2013
    Great post, hopefully we can use this info later.
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    dirtyshirt wrote: »

Hip No. 41, a filly by High Cotton —Revealing Blush, by Diplomatic Jet. Consigned by Crupi’s New Castle Farm, agent.
    “This filly is very precocious,” said Jim Crupi of the $40,000 OBS August graduate. “She worked in :10.1. I can see her winning the first baby race at Keeneland and then the first 2-year-old stakes race at Keeneland. She’s that type of filly.”

For DC:

Hip No. 248, a colt by Discreet Cat —Fontal, by Southern Halo (worked a co-bullet :9 4/5 during the preview) . Consigned by Eisaman Equine, agent.
    “This is an immensely talent Discreet Cat colt,” said Eisaman. “He is a classy acting colt with a great mind.”

Hip No. 288, a colt by Freud —I’m a Real Cowgirl, by Western Expression . Consigned by Crupi’s New Castle Farm, agent.
    “This colt will win going long at Saratoga,” said Crupi. “He breezed a quarter in :21 4/5. All of our horses have received a lot of attention. We had 350 cards here on the table when we started showing and we’re down to just a few left.”

Read more on BloodHorse.com: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/76809/horses-to-watch-at-obs-march-sale#ixzz2NI8dG4At

Let's keep an eye out for the High Cotton filly. I just remembered this.
    edited April 2013
    Anybody know what's her name? What barn?
    edited April 2013
    Apparently unnamed for Passion Stables. Trainer for them?
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    Very weird situation?

High Cotton was bred to the same dam back in 2008 and produced an unraced fillie named Whitney's Machine.
    edited April 2013
    Anybody know what's her name? What barn?

Passion Stables is based in Pembrook Pines florida and it was started in 2010. Possible connections near that location are O'Connell, JD Braddy, and Dickhead Rick Porter of Fox Hills Farm.
    edited April 2013
    fillie yet unnamed--sold for $130k, and my guess is she goes to Kathleen O'Connell or JD Braddy.
    edited April 2013
    Wrong again!

Passion Stables, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of a South Florida trainer named Antonio Cioffi, who is still very active and runs mostly at CRC. Apparently also involved in Vet supply business. OK, enough time spent on this now I'm back to cappin Wed races at Oaklawn!
    edited April 2013
    Very weird situation?

High Cotton was bred to the same dam back in 2008 and produced an unraced fillie named Whitney's Machine.

And another full 2009 filly named Highjinxtress purchased by Reintree, Inc, who appears unraced.

Ok, let figure out why this vet paid 125k for a horse, especially one with that comment line from the consignor. But let's do it later, I'm busy too.

DC?
    edited April 2013
    The High Cotton filly is still unnamed. Will keep checking though.
    edited May 2013

For DC:

Read more on BloodHorse.com: Horses to Watch at OBS March Sale | BloodHorse.com

DC, you ever track theses down?
    edited May 2013
    The High Cotton filly is still unnamed, no info there as yet.

The Discreet Cat colt is named Superlooper. He worked one furlong @ Hollywood in early April and then disappeared. Not a good sign.

The Freud colt is named Lonely Cowboy. Can't find any workout info on that one at all. In fact, i couldn't even find him in the Equibase or DRF database. Possible his name has been changed, i suppose. I guess we'll find out later (if he ever turns up at all). I'll try to remember to bump this thread in another month or so. Not looking good though, considering it's almost June and you can barely find the horses on the map.
    edited May 2013
    The High Cotton filly is still unnamed, no info there as yet.

The Discreet Cat colt is named Superlooper. He worked one furlong @ Hollywood in early April and then disappeared. Not a good sign.

The Freud colt is named Lonely Cowboy. Can't find any workout info on that one at all. In fact, i couldn't even find him in the Equibase or DRF database. Possible his name has been changed, i suppose. I guess we'll find out later (if he ever turns up at all). I'll try to remember to bump this thread in another month or so. Not looking good though, considering it's almost June and you can barely find the horses on the map.

Huge thanks anyways.