I give lots of credit to

CigarShopCigarShop Senior Member
edited March 2013 in Horse Racing Forum
I give lots of credit to those who put up their picks on a consistent basis.

It's a very hard game that we try to eek out a daily,weekly,monthly,yearly profit.

To the " lurkers" who make noise when one of us has a bad day, or week. Until you post all your selections consistently then just stay in the bushes or the bar..

Have a great evening and a better tommorrow.

Cigarshop

Comments

• shh10shh10 Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    I’m unsure what prompted this post but I can appreciate what you’re trying to convey if I’m understanding it correctly; however we should take into consideration that not all lurkers are the same.
    I’m driven to reply because due to circumstances beyond my control, I’ve found myself in the “lurker” category sInce october* Though not where I want to be, it’s where I am now as I sit by my 5mo kid’s hospital bed with 1 bar signal on my phone.* Free wifi is offered by the children’s hospital but it runs slower than a herd of turtles in molasses or shall I say any horse running on BHP weather track after rain.* I jealous that you – and the others - get a chance to read the PPs, watch replays and post your picks.* You’re very fortunate.* I wish I could, but at the present time I can’t and I’m at peace with that.* Okay, rereading that makes me admit I’m lying.* Missing the prep races is KILLING me.* That being said, my time will come and I can’t wait until the day I can take my little boy for a drive down to Santa Anita.
    There are some hardcore players out there that probably stopped reading after my second sentence, so let me end by saying THANK YOU for your posts, comments, insight, and sometimes inebriated replies (yes, you know who you are – lol).* Your comments have lifted my spirits at times.
    Finally, I completely understand that this type of post doesn’t probably belong in this forum so thank you for letting me vent.* When you boil it down – we all have something in common – we absolutely LOVE this sport!
    *Good luck to you all.
    edited March 2013
    Crap, after re reading this it makes it sound as if I'm looking for sympathy, that's not the case.* It's just that I was enjoying learning the ropes, sharing the excitement with everyone when life through a precious curve ball.

No replies are necessary and before anyone gives me crap take into consideration it took me 30m to fat finger type.
  • CigarShopCigarShop Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    Hey I understand perfectly what you said and why you said it. I'll keep your child in my prayers.
    Just take things one day at a time.

Cigarshop
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    Better days ahead, SHH10. Keep your chin up! Right at 28 years ago my daughter was born premature and we all spent countless weeks in the children's hospital, followed up with years when the so-called experts told us she would have all kinds of problems. Today, she is an attorney in D.C. and she is singing a solo on Easter Sunday at the National Cathedral. So what problems could I have? Well, for starters, this singing gig puts the screws on my going to NOLA to watch Palace Malice run in the Louisiana Derby. Oh hell, the big dance is a ways off?

Hang in there buddy.

I got the feeling that this post from cigar was aimed at dirty. I guess those guys are still feuding. This could really be a good one to follow, as Cigar has already thrown down the gauntlet with his 2-1 fillies wager. I think I'll go back to that post and try to stir things up!
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    shh10 wrote: »
    Crap, after re reading this it makes it sound as if I'm looking for sympathy, that's not the case.* It's just that I was enjoying learning the ropes, sharing the excitement with everyone when life through a precious curve ball.

No replies are necessary and before anyone gives me crap take into consideration it took me 30m to fat finger type.

Sean, hang in there. If you ever have trouble getting down - shoot my email or call. I know other things are way more pressing, and unfortunately I can't even imagine.

BTW - Yeah, this post was a poorly aimed shot at me. For no reason. I'm pretty sure CigarShop stated his intent to quit posting here, as well (at least that's what it looks like on this screen grab, lol). Guess he had a change of heart and emailed DC.
    edited March 2013
    I have no way of communicating with DC, I'm sure you do.

Why he keeps you in his forum amazes me, guess every family has one of you in it.
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    CigarShop wrote: »
    I have no way of communicating with DC, I'm sure you do.

Why he keeps you in his forum amazes me, guess every family has one of you in it.

We all go way back.

You just showed up, sounding like a decent guy, with good knowledge of Scotch and cigars. I'm sure I wanted to like you just like everyone else, but it's easy to spot a fraud. What happened to your Cigar rankings anyways? And your horses with Chad Brown (correct me if I'm wrong somebody)?

You're just fake. Let it go.
    edited March 2013
    Anytime you want to get on a three way call with those people. No problem I can do that
    I post my cigar and scotch reviews on Puff.com and Stogiefriends.

I just talk horses here..

Never said I was a big man, just a guy who does his own thing..but atleast I post be it good or bad results..

I've never made an issue until you called me out.. I don't take kindly to that at all from a dime store drunk
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited March 2013
    Dirty is an acquired taste. Just don't take his rantings too seriously, and i'm sure you guys can get along. Funny you mention "family", because that's kind of what we are around here. Many of us have bee posting here for over 5 years now. Myself, i'm glad you joined our little group, and i hope you stick around. As you know, there are more than a few knowledgable posters here. And far more concentrated than you'll find at other sites, i'm sure. Best of all, everyone here gets along, except for some occasional jousting between Dirty and the new guys. Marking his territory or whatever, i don't know what to call it. So don't take it personal, because it's definitely not personal.

shh10.....wow, sorry to hear about your kid having a tough time of it (and you as well). Hope that everything comes out as well as it possibly can. Just said a prayer for you and your family. Just try and stay positive, though i'm sure that's probably difficult. Hang in there.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    Sean as JG stated hang in there with your son. That's your first priority at this time. I can speak from a personal level on this matter as my first born child was in the NICU for several weeks and didn't get to come with us planned. But one thing from that experience has stuck with me forever. The Dr. told me to look around and stated to me it could alway be WORST and he was so correct and I have carried that with me till this day. Please email me your address to fbwinners@aol.com and I would love to get something out to you and your wife for your newborn. I can tell you one thing there are two types of people in this world those that DO and those that just TALK. There are many on this forum including LURKERS that can VOUCH for me!!!!

On another note this was the only forum for sometime I was posting in. I went through some bullshit at LVA Sports Forum and DC can verify as well. At first DC thought I was a fraud because I use!!!! until I posted RIP Bashert which was a real runner from the Baffert barn that broke down during a workout. I was super solid in that forum and had these so call SHARPS questioing if I was a Sharp or Square!!! Those guys were the biggest bunch of frauds I have ever seen. For one instance they made a bad comment about Brett Favre's wife and I told them to watch it as I knew them very well and I do. You probably can google LVA Sports forum and read all the old post. I spend countless hours and my own money to grind out a profit in this game. I hold no preference to any poster in this forum and still cannot believe this BS is going on. I have Dirty's # in my phone as I do Cigar's as well. I have been kind enough to text/email live plays to all that ask at no charge or did I expect it!!!! I have even vouched and leant money to fellow fourm members I meet on here. Well I wish you all the best in the future and you all can find me at FBWinners@aol.com, @fbwinners (twitter) , FBWinners.com or can give me call on m cell as it's posted on my site!!!! I want to wish you all and your family a Happy Easter that is coming up and remember to enjoy life and you only have one shot on ths EARTH!!!!

Regards, Kenny Schmitt aka FBWinners
    edited March 2013
    Gentlemen, I sincerely appreciate the replies and* I apologize for getting sentimental.* Thank you for sharing your experiences and understanding my current frame of mind.

Cigar, i don't recall if I formally welcomed you to the forum when you joined but if i didn't* welcome aboard.* I haven't been able to read all your posts but thanks for contributing.

FB, just like your picks, your spot on about making the best of our one shot - as well as understanding things could be worse.* My wife and i have been blessed on this journey.* I remember at about week three in the nicu my wife asked why i always erased out sons weight off the whiteboard.* I told her it was because our son was starting to gain more and more weight were some of the other babies in the room (there were eight total) weren't or some were losing weight.* I didn't want to dishearten another mother or father given how fragile our psyches were at that point.* Their kids would get there, but as you know, you want them home as soon as possible.*

I want to acknowledge and thank you for your kind and thoughtful gesture.* I'll be in touch soon, not so much for a gift but I've been wanting to join your site since week 2 (NFL).* I just need things too settle down here first.

JG, what a journey you've had - would you have imagined 28 years ago that your daughter would be singing in the National Cathedral on Easter?!* Truly an amazing and wonderful story. A very Happy Easter to you!

DC, thanks for being the Voice of Reason (VOR) for the Forum!

Lastly, Dirty, it's been your posts I seek out most as much for their information as for their entertainment.* Your handicapping is only rivaled by your wit.* You just crack me up at times. Thanks for that.

That's it for me on this topic. Future posts will be about horses only!

Cheers.

PS sorry about the extra characters in my posts. I found it easier to type my reply in an editor my Android had and paste into a thread. Don't know why it added those.