Oaklawn/Santa Anita Double--Friday

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited March 2013 in Horse Racing Forum
I'll start with SA race 7, which is a race I love going down the hill and around 1 1/2.

#2 Saint Loup, 6/5, is a former Euro that Canani has now and is the one to beat. But, Canani puts B/on first time so I guess he wants him to be more closer during this marathon race. Could be that this fav will be too eager and open up the back door for a very good closer?

#7 Lime Rickey, 3-1, this big old boy can run all day. He was an original Dogwood Stable purchase and is one of the few that Cot & Co. wish they had held onto, as he has put together alot of winnings. Dirty's guy Bill Spawr has turned this one into a money-maker.

The #'s 1, Toruk Makto, 4-1, from Puype barn, has some ability, as does #3 Rintop, 8-1---but IMO they are running for minor rewards.

Short field & short price, but I'm using 2/7---2/7---1/3 in tri & super and hope Lime Rickey gets to the wire first!

Not alot to say about Oaklawn today--rain and a wet track---and under priced favs I'm playing against in the p4:

6th---1/9
7th---1/5/7
8th---2/5/7
9th---1/7

Santa Anita 8th---8/9---8/9---3/6---3/6

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Comments

• John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    I just saw Dirty's post about Canani and the blinkers crap. We must have been thinking about the return of Saint Loop at the same time. Dirty thinks he is a single, while I think Lime Rickey could get to the wire first. We'll See?
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    John,

Sorry I missed this, at the bar all day (and word to my new friend Cigarshop, I don't drink). I didn't see the connections at the track or ask any questions of Mr. Spawr, but my honest opinion is that Saint Loup (unless Julio fucks around), is the winner.
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    My pick 4 made it about as far as yours John. As for Saint Loup, we never saw a bet-able price, but watch this horse win a Grade 2 race at 10-1 next time. He was ridden probably 1 3/4 miles today...
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited March 2013
    Career best from rintop.

Brutal day overall, my OP picks were lost in the slop!

Early morning hdc. in order!