Rock and Rye @ GP for JG

dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
edited April 2013 in Horse Racing Forum
Why does this Dogwood nag get Javier tomorrow? John, you know I know you know. He's not riding for no reason, whats the deal here? His last 3 trips are all very suspect.

Comments

• John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    Damn good question. I'll call Jack Sadler later this morning and see if I can get the scoop.

Past lines show that he has been unlucky to catch off or soft turf tracks. When he got on a firm turf, he showed his best form and had a pretty good late speed number going 1 1/16. This looks like a pretty soft field with some firsters, and Javier may have enough horse left to make one big move late stretching out to 1 1/8. Two or three years ago Javier was George's go-to-jock, but obviously things have gotten better for Castellano, as he pretty much has his choice of mounts these days.

Check back later and I will post an update with new info.
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    Damn good question. I'll call Jack Sadler later this morning and see if I can get the scoop.

Past lines show that he has been unlucky to catch off or soft turf tracks. When he got on a firm turf, he showed his best form and had a pretty good late speed number going 1 1/16. This looks like a pretty soft field with some firsters, and Javier may have enough horse left to make one big move late stretching out to 1 1/8. Two or three years ago Javier was George's go-to-jock, but obviously things have gotten better for Castellano, as he pretty much has his choice of mounts these days.

Check back later and I will post an update with new info.

Gracias. It jumped off the page as interesting to say the least.