santa anita 3rd...

rayphilrayphil Senior Member
edited June 2013 in Horse Racing Forum
declassify for baffert looks lights out in here...scratched out of the 23rd so stable mate zee bros could get his picture taken going 122 flat for 7...drover crazy is the typical ellis horse with victor up he should be making one run in here...4-8 exacta flat for me..many times..

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited April 2013
    from Bloodhorse, way back in the day...

Topping the session and the sale thus far was hip No. 731, an Orientate colt purchased by Hill N Dale Bloodstock for $450,000. Consigned by Eddie Woods, agent, the the colt worked a co-bullet eighth in :10 during the third under tack preview a week ago.

“I didn’t think he’d bring that much,” said Woods. “But when a duel develops between bidders it always works to our advantage. We were very high on him all along. He hit all his marks. He vetted well and trained great. We’re thrilled with the sale.”

Read more on BloodHorse.com: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/69249/orientate-colt-leads-obs-spring-sale-session#ixzz2PhmQlSF7
  • roundtripparoundtrippa Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    Nice hit Ray!
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    Thanks Nick, that's how you turn a 1-5 shot into a 9-1 shot....
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    rayphil wrote: »
    declassify for baffert looks lights out in here...scratched out of the 23rd so stable mate zee bros could get his picture taken going 122 flat for 7...drover crazy is the typical ellis horse with victor up he should be making one run in here...4-8 exacta flat for me..many times..

Very interesting it's listed as a VET scratch. Baffert has some pull, huh?

Great call on the exacta.
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    he has something....horse look pretty good today..
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited April 2013
    What a performance. One of the best-looking debuts I've ever seen.
    edited April 2013
    What a performance. One of the best-looking debuts I've ever seen.

Zee Bros (Not Declassify) goes at CD today.

Here's what I've got:

ZEE BROS 4/18 58.8 Fantastic move here going 22.4, 45.3 doing it all on his own. As good a move as any of the Kentucky Derby contender thus far. Grade: A-

I bet the two Pletcher mules take enough money to make this playable. Capo Bastone and Forty Tales (who are essentially the type of horses we've hinted at in recent days might not be getting full Pletcher "medical" care in Kentucky).
    edited April 2013
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    Zee Bros (Not Declassify) goes at CD today.

Here's what I've got:

ZEE BROS 4/18 58.8 Fantastic move here going 22.4, 45.3 doing it all on his own. As good a move as any of the Kentucky Derby contender thus far. Grade: A-

I bet the two Pletcher mules take enough money to make this playable. Capo Bastone and Forty Tales (who are essentially the type of horses we've hinted at in recent days might not be getting full Pletcher "medical" care in Kentucky).

Poor Titletown Five has to go again too. I'm not sure why I was handicapping this like an allowance race, but it's actually the Derby Trial.
    edited May 2013
    Drover Crazy, who ran second to Declassify, is up in 10 @ HP. He faces 2 Baffert runners, who are reportedly working well.
    edited June 2013
    Declassify goes again today (actually so does Zee Bros @ Belmont). Looks like a 75% chance of victory IMO I'll give Gonna Fly Now 20% and the FIELD the remaining 5%. You decide whats a fair bet.