Straight from the 2/5 horses' mouth

dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
edited April 2013 in Horse Racing Forum
KEE 3rd Thursday

The fourth such race of the meet goes as race 3 Thursday, and Ward is intent on atoning to his many fans. He entered the uncoupled pair of Mary At the Cove and Bluesville but said Tuesday he is very likely to scratch Bluesville.

Any hints about Mary At the Cove?

“She’s a runner,” Ward said.

Comments

• rhgrahamrhgraham Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    Mary At The Cove was scratched as POE earlier I believe, looked better on paper then the one that ran. Oh yes the other filly crushed them.
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    Yeah. Although, Bloodhorse lays it out like this:

Wesley Ward again appears formidable with the entry of first-time starters Mary At the Cove and Bluesville.

Ward is the owner-breeder of Bluesville, by Bring the Heat. Ward trained stakes-placed Bring the Heat, who stood at Doug and Karen Arnold's Buck Pond Farm in Versailles, Ky. Bring the Heat died as a result of cancer in February of this year.

Ward has supported the stallion with many of his mares and Bring the Heat foals have proven precocious, including filly One Hot Wish, whose 2007 4 1/2-furlong track record of :48.87 at Keeneland still stands; and filly Billie Bob, who set a track record for the same distance (:52.29) in 2007 at Hollywood Park.

The picks: Bluesville, Lightning Angel, Mad Princess

Curious to see, but I'll take his word. Speaking of taking somebodies word, I will NEVER listen to Julio "What a surprise" Canani, as he is a POS, but I'm quick to jump behind him at the self service machine for a peek. He doesn't lose much on his big bets, but they're few and far between. I watched him get down a few days back BIG on Centre Court with Julian to PLACE only (He might have been alive in a double or P3, but I doubt it). Paid $3.00
  • rhgrahamrhgraham Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    Mad Princess disappointed first out not using today. Do you think Ward might be looking for a bit of a price by using Saez? I mean like 3/4-1? Ward's two year olds are always bet.

I'm going to use 7 with 5 6,9,10,11
    edited April 2013
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    KEE 3rd Thursday

The fourth such race of the meet goes as race 3 Thursday, and Ward is intent on atoning to his many fans. He entered the uncoupled pair of Mary At the Cove and Bluesville but said Tuesday he is very likely to scratch Bluesville.

Any hints about Mary At the Cove?

“She’s a runner,” Ward said.

Well now this matters a little. In the first race, Rosario is on the only speed in a 4 horse field (and I swear I thought he would be 1/9) so I bet huge Pick 3's to Mary At the Cove. Well, the horse got home, but the surprise was the price. Went off @ 4/5 after being second choice most of the wagering. Lets get lucky here.
    edited April 2013
    The 9 looks really suspect here in the will-pays. Wesley Ward not the favorite? Whoops. Either way, I'm alive several hundred dollars P3 to this one. Might bet a small saver.
    edited April 2013
    This filly is a runner. Never in doubt and 7/5 with Joel? Crazy day. The all Joel, all favorite, P3 pays over $16. Should have been at least one 2/5 shot, if not 2, and all 3 won like it.
    edited April 2013
    Wesley about Friday:

“Don’t worry, we should win the last baby race Friday, too,” he said with a grin, referring to his uncoupled pair of No Nay Never and Justice Dept in the second race on the closing-day card.

He's got Rosario and Dylan Davis named to ride. If he leaves the Rosario in, he'll win after a battle. If it's the kid, it's probably a walk over.
    edited April 2013
    3 No Nay Never
    ML: 7-2 J. Rosario
    118 Lbs W. Ward

7 Justice Dept
    ML: 9-2 D. Davis
    111 Lbs W. Ward
    edited April 2013
    3 No Nay Never
    118 Lbs W. Ward

7 Justice Dept
    111 Lbs W. Ward

I looked today, and I kinda like the kid's horse better. We"ll see who ends up entered, but they are NOT coupled.
    edited April 2013
    3 No Nay Never
    118 Lbs W. Ward

7 Justice Dept
    111 Lbs W. Ward

3/5 Winner. Can't say this guy is a liar.
    edited April 2013
    3/5 Winner. Can't say this guy is a liar.

4/5! LOL. Barely got my money back for the 2 win bets I made.
    edited April 2013
    But, by far the best bet of the day was every cent you have to place on the Ramsey's entry in race 3.
    edited April 2013
    But, by far the best bet of the day was every cent you have to place on the Ramsey's entry in race 3.

Yeah, 3/5 on the win. 4/5 on the place.