Discussion: Wagering strategies?

DuckgawdDuckgawd Senior Member
edited April 2013 in Horse Racing Forum
Open conversation to all- I'm curious to see how everyone approaches this game from a gambling standpoint. What works? What doesn't?

I bring this up because of my encounter at my local OTB on Saturday betting PM in the bluegrass, I sat around watching some coverage of keeneleand and I hear these people betting $1 exacta box's, $1 Tri-wheels and even watched a guy in front of me pay in coins!!!! I laughed- I'm not a big spender but I put up a couple hundred and joked to the lady next time I'll make sure I bring my quarters rolled. She chuckled, then the teller next over asked if I had a tip on the horse or something, I said no I play it just like everyone else but I should of said mind your business. I digress- I usually play WP or WPS tickets, usually at least $20 minimuim. I hit one pick 4 back in the day thanks to FB in good ol bettingchat, never a pick 5 or 6 and I just felt I spent so much going for the big score and losing, better to find a couple I like on a card and go to town on those. Curious to hear everyone else's thoughts.

Comments

• UnicornUnicorn Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    WPS, 2$ exacta boxes, 1$ tri boxes, & 1$ super boxes. I'm not in it to win the major bucks though.