PM adds blinkers???

DuckgawdDuckgawd Senior Member
edited April 2013 in Horse Racing Forum
Pletcher has palace malice trying out blinkers, and it looks like going to have them on in his lone workout over churchill strip. What are some thoughts? Is this a race where you see any first time equipment change? I don't know much when it comes to equipment and workouts and how that fares on race day but if the blinkers arent good, does that hurt the progress for PM?

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited April 2013
    I think it's a pretty good idea, actually, though you'd think he would've tried it by now if he was going to do it.

I mentioned in a previous post that i was wondering where PM's speed had gone. Seems like Pletcher might be wondering the same thing, and this might be a way to bring it out of him.

Also, unfortunately, i think it's become apparent that PM needs to step up his game if he's to have any chance of winning this race. So why not give it a try? Some horses show marked improvement with the blinkers on, and that's what we need, marked improvement.

It probably can't hurt. It'll probably either take something like that, or Palace Malaice showing an absolute affinity for the new surface. In either case (both cases, really), it'll be very interesting to see how well he trains up there. Here's hoping....
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    Reading between the lines, the talk from Cot & TAP centers around PM being in a position turning for home where he only has 4-5 just ahead of him. The hope is that blin/on will keep him in focus and he will be in good position. The last things they are concerned about are track/distance. TAP also thinks the run over Keeneland poly did him as much good as anything could, and he is tick fit now. His run at Rydillic in the BG was real racehorse speed over a poly track that is very tiring and favors deep closers. If we get lucky and draw post 8-14, who knows? But the final decision on blin/on will be made following final work, with Mikey aboard, on or about Monday the 29th.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    Reading between the lines, the talk from Cot & TAP centers around PM being in a position turning for home where he only has 4-5 just ahead of him. The hope is that blin/on will keep him in focus and he will be in good position. The last things they are concerned about are track/distance. TAP also thinks the run over Keeneland poly did him as much good as anything could, and he is tick fit now. His run at Rydillic in the BG was real racehorse speed over a poly track that is very tiring and favors deep closers. If we get lucky and draw post 8-14, who knows? But the final decision on blin/on will be made following final work, with Mikey aboard, on or about Monday the 29th.

I'm on record now say the BLINKS will stay on. He was a litle erratic when he took the lead from Rydillic, switching lead and looked like he stated idling a little.