Joel is a Monster

dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
edited May 2013 in Horse Racing Forum
Didn't watch races today, but the charts indicate he rode in 8 of 9, winning 4, running second in 2, 3rd in another, and did somebody a favor getting their horse claimed in the last. He's the best jockey out there IMO, worldwide. He showed that in the World Cup, but it's fun to watch him dominate any track you throw him on here.

Comments

• John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    I don't think Joel has to change his silks all day.. Just keeps wearing those white with a big red "R"
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    I don't think Joel has to change his silks all day.. Just keeps wearing those white with a big red "R"

I think you're right, and with all those handrides it's hard to imagine him in the shower.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    I'm all in. It takes me a while, but I get it now. The last month over at Keeneland he was getting all the Ramsey mounts, which was gravy, but last night at Cd he continued to shine. If he shows up on a goat, I'm using it in my exotics.

Looks pretty good right now for ORB.
    edited April 2013
    He's for sure the best dirt and poly rider. I'm trying to think of someone I would rather have on my turf horse, but even Joel is great on the lead, or takes the overland route. Might not win as many (percentage wise, and this could be speculation, field size, anything), but he's not the type to get your horse stuck.
  • cinfrontcinfront Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    On the Turf (Grass) I would say Jose Lezcano... Joel, right now, is in a zone by himself kick assss...
    He really got lucky to get back Orb for The Derby.
    edited May 2013
    I'm all in. It takes me a while, but I get it now.

Looks pretty good right now for ORB.

Upping. Yeah? I'm pretty sure you had a real rooting interest in the Derby, but looking back you were spot on.