Pending another workout...

HoudiniHoudini Senior Member
edited April 2013 in Horse Racing Forum
If it doesnt go well...Verrazano will be scratch has a bum ankle this according to a pretty reliable source.

Comments

• dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    Houdini wrote: »
    If it doesnt go well...Verrazano will be scratch has a bum ankle this according to a pretty reliable source.

Who knows, but I said last night that if he scratches under "Eskendereya type" circumstances, then Kentucky has for sure caught on to the Pletcher juice.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited April 2013
    His post is valid and Super Feed TAP has a dismal record at CH.
    edited April 2013
    fbwinners wrote: »
    His post is valid and Super Feed TAP has a dismal record at CH.

Seems like a good way for the "blue-bloods" of the "bluegrass" from letting their new money win races. You can cheat anywhere else, but not here, especially where the breeding matters.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited April 2013
    Unbelievable.
    edited April 2013
    Not doubting your post (especially with FB backing up your story), but i've been watching those MIke Welsch videos every morning, and Verrazano has either worked or galloped every day this week, and further, Welsch had nothing negative to say about him once (though nothing really positive either).

If he's got bad ankle, i would think they'd given him a day or off?
    edited April 2013
    Also, Welsch mentioned today that Verrazano (and the other Pletcher horses) will have their works moved up to Saturday, due to some rain in the Sunday forecast. If Verrazano was dealing with a potentially scratch-level injury, wouldn't it be much more likely that his work would be moved BACK to next week, rather than being moved forward?
    edited April 2013
    Alos, Welsch mentioned today that Verrazano (and the other Pletcher horses) will have their works moved up to Saturday, due to some rain in the Sunday forecast. If Verrazano was dealing with a potentially scratch-level injury, wouldn't it be much more likely that his work would be moved BACK to next week, rather than being moved forward?

My more major concern with this "rumor" is that it hasn't set Twitter ablaze. This kind of info travels fast these days, and I haven't seen anything to that affect.
    edited April 2013
    Sounds like Verrazano was A-Okay this morning, judging from Mike Welsch's workout report (video below). That's a load off my mind. Crossing my fingers that everything is copasetic.

Kentucky Derby Workouts | Daily Racing Form
  • JohnnyPutzJohnnyPutz Member
    edited April 2013
    His workout sure looked fine, switched leads on que, looked really strong. Sure doesnt look like he has a bum ankle.