Bad weather for the Oaks & Derby?

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited May 2013 in Horse Racing Forum
The forecast looks pretty ugly. Let's hope the rain stays away...

PS - is it just me, or does it seem to rain on Oaks Day almost every year?

Louisville Weekend Weather - AccuWeather Forecast for KY 40202

Comments

• MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited May 2013
    Looks like an inch overnight into sat then another inch of rain on sat could make it messy
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited May 2013
    Accuweather is terrible use weather.gov
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited May 2013
    Motherfucker. I've been watching this closely. I still have tickets, I would just not consider it a "vacation" to travel 3,000 miles to sit in the fucking rain.
    edited May 2013
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    Motherfucker. I've been watching this closely. I still have tickets, I would just not consider it a "vacation" to travel 3,000 miles to sit in the fucking rain.

Not bad. My chick talked Southwest into a refund in less than 10 minutes (These were the web only tickets, so I didn't think it would happen). They really run a decent airline, and leave the bullshit aside. I don't need to be there jinxing anybody anyways. Good luck John.
  • SirBearSirBear Senior Member
    edited May 2013
    Bummer! Tomorrow's card was so playable. Now you've got this added variable. The rain changes everything.

Seems to rain alot this time of year in Louisviile. I was there in '04 when it went absolutely nuts a half hour before the race. Looked like there might be a tornado.

Then in '08, who could forget the deluge on Oaks day? We were fortunate, we had seats in 220 and were perfectly under an awning. We crushed it at the windows and watched everyone in Section 100 and most of 200 get drenched.

I wouldn't cancel if you have seats underneath, but I can't blame you if you weren't under some cover, or didn't have tix yet. :cursing:
    edited May 2013
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    Not bad. My chick talked Southwest into a refund in less than 10 minutes (These were the web only tickets, so I didn't think it would happen). They really run a decent airline, and leave the bullshit aside. I don't need to be there jinxing anybody anyways. Good luck John.

Well, now I'll be on the beach in San Diego, probably watching on my cell phone. The weather in California is just too nice. Oaks Day looks decent so far, the Derby report is not so good still.