Run 1-2?

Joel is a monster. Get used to it.

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited May 2013
    Too bad it wasn't Palace Malice....
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited May 2013
    Yeah. I was sure wishing that half mile was a lot slower, but credit Joel with getting the pace right. I was shocked to see PM in front.
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited May 2013
    DC - Looking forward, the FIELD won this year (I'm actually happy I didn't bet 5k despite winning), how does that affect the price next year?

I think it was an aberration this year, and that with the points system the same, we could expect at least 10 starters, and several of credibility.

I would take 3/2 again, but I guess a lot depends on the talent already shown at the time of the
    Pool 1 session.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited May 2013
    I agree that this year seemed to be kind of fluky with so many of the Pool One horses staying healthy and eventually making the race.

We were lucky to end up with Orb, as our next-best contenders (Palace Malice and Java's War) were pretty sizable longshots, and the others were even less likely (despite Golden Soul finishing second).

I think we took slightly the worst of it @ 8/5, but that same price might look great at this time next year. Impossible to say.

I think in the future i'd prefer to have a little more margin for error. Guess we just have to play it by ear, as usual.