Pimlico Special - race 12: (5/17)

DuckgawdDuckgawd Senior Member
edited May 2013 in Horse Racing Forum
I think this is a good betting race- heavy fav in eighttofasttocatch stretching out hasn't been hasnt been his strong suit. Looks more like a miler to me, outside horse will get a lot of play too and looks to sit in a perfect trip. I'm looking at a price here- #3 brimstone island- sneaky play here- Perez has been making a name for himself in Maryland and Campbell a blue collar trainer, got a bargin on this colt last year. 20 for 25 in the money and now stepping into the graded ranks but I think a good spot to try. This one used to be a front runner but has switched up to sit off the pace which might help here if the 4 gets some pressure up front. Big question about distance here- first time going this long, tiznow?? Router right? I see a better performance this time around in graded stakes company getting some decent wins under his belt. 12-1 ML I would think we get that. I'll pay WPS

Comments

• rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited May 2013
    I know I might be putting him in the winners circle now but I really think Richards kid need a break..not the same horse...7-2 ml is bad but the only thing in his favor is that pimlico is a heavy and slow track so speed tends to back up more then other tracks..
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited May 2013
    rayphil wrote: »
    I know I might be putting him in the winners circle now but I really think Richards kid need a break..not the same horse...7-2 ml is bad but the only thing in his favor is that pimlico is a heavy and slow track so speed tends to back up more then other tracks..

Yeah, or a new trainer. I'm pretty sure Baffert is the only guy who could get him to run. Clueless ownership group.
    edited May 2013

You're right, we'll probably will him home, but he should never be 7-2 in there (actually as I fact checked that - it's a bad race, but regardless).
    edited May 2013
    Richard's Kid was bred in MD. Maybe somebody is gonna leave him.
    edited May 2013
    Lol...your right..if he is 7-2 then how good of a race is it...
    edited May 2013
    Lol...your right..if he is 7-2 then how good of a race is it...

It's fucking horrible. For decent money, too. I guess why not run him - you overpaid and need yo get out (although rich - the connections are cheap. I saw one owner get out of his Bentley at the valet and then pay for his program in quarters and dimes and not tip, I gave her a dollar extra). But anyways, he runs third makes a little and splits travel expenses with Goldencents. If he takes to the track, leave him to clean up state-bred races. Right?
  • nonamenoname Junior Member
    edited May 2013
    IMO maybe this year or the last couple of years I don't think you can call Pimlico's track slow and heavy.I see rayphil you are from Baltimore but in my last 8-9 trips to Pimlico the front speed wins at a very large percent.I could be trippin but slow and heavy Pimlico has never been.Again my opinion.
    edited May 2013
    noname wrote: »
    IMO maybe this year or the last couple of years I don't think you can call Pimlico's track slow and heavy.I see rayphil you are from Baltimore but in my last 8-9 trips to Pimlico the front speed wins at a very large percent.I could be trippin but slow and heavy Pimlico has never been.Again my opinion.

everyday races at Pimlico are nothing like this weekend races because they run some broken down hags in Maryland the last few years.
    edited May 2013
    What I'm saying is you never see fractions sub 23 and normally on black eye Susan day and Preakness day you get some crazy times..don't know how man turf sprints here is but you can catch a price..
    edited May 2013
    thank you much for everything you offer on this site.I misunderstood.Have a lucky and successful weekend.