Delaware Park Angles?

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited May 2013 in Horse Racing Forum
You won't get rich playing Delaware Park, but one angle I have had success with is playing Oaklawn horses who have shipped out east. Most are in good form and are running against lesser at or near the same level. Trainers to keep an eye on are Hobby, Mac Robertson, Tim Ritchie, and Kenny Smith.

Monday May 20, 2013

4th Race---#6 Sharp Harbor

5th---#1

7th---1/3---1/3---2/5/8

8th---#4 Almost A Lady, 6-1, is one that Tim Ritchie got in California and had high hopes for but had a small set back at Oaklawn which put him on the shelf. Healed up now and has two sharp works leading up to his first back. Key the #4 over the 1/2/5

9th---#5

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Comments

• dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited May 2013
    You won't get rich playing Delaware Park, but one angle I have had success with is playing Oaklawn horses who have shipped out east. Most are in good form and are running against lesser at or near the same level. Trainers to keep an eye on are Hobby, Mac Robertson, Tim Ritchie, and Kenny Smith.

Monday May 20, 2013

4th Race---#6 Sharp Harbor

5th---#1

7th---1/3---1/3---2/5/8

8th---#4 Almost A Lady, 6-1, is one that Tim Ritchie got in California and had high hopes for but had a small set back at Oaklawn which put him on the shelf. Healed up now and has two sharp works leading up to his first back. Key the #4 over the 1/2/5

9th---#5

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Rosario in the last? LOL.
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited May 2013
    Palace malice is a go in the Belmont?
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited May 2013
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    Rosario in the last? LOL.

The real LOL is that I'm playing an Arabian race! You meet all kinds of equine folks at these horse seminars and the Macey's are from NY and although most of their Arabians are show horses, they do race some of them. #5 in the 9th is as close to a Arabian sure thing as you can get, considering they are, After All, ARABIANS!!!
    edited May 2013
    9 mtp in the 8th, and the pools are an absolute joke! I may have made #5 in the 9th a 1/9 shot already?
    edited May 2013
    f---ing Arabians!

MD Sugar and Spice loads in the gate @ 8/5 and finishes 5th @ 3/5.

I should know better?
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited May 2013
    Mikenyce wrote: »
    Palace malice is a go in the Belmont?

TAP is sending his whole stable by what I read..palice worked 4 in 47...
    edited May 2013
    rayphil wrote: »
    TAP is sending his whole stable by what I read..palice worked 4 in 47...

So fucking funny. Repole is gonna run everything he owns with 4 legs.

Palace Malice is gonna have a returning jockey?

FROM DRF:

Pletcher remains high on Palace Malice, who still is eligible for a first-level allowance race. After earning his way into the Kentucky Derby with a second-place finish in the Blue Grass Stakes, Palace Malice ran off with jockey Mike Smith in the Derby, setting blistering fractions before fading to 12th. He wore blinkers for that race and probably will not wear them in the Belmont, Pletcher said.

On Sunday, Palace Malice breezed four furlongs in 47.49 at Belmont.

“I still think he’s a very good horse,” Pletcher said. “He ran a big race in the Blue Grass, and I feel like he’s got a big win in him. He came out of the Derby very well. He breezed great yesterday. He’s a son of Curlin out of a Royal Anthem mare, so the pedigree suggests a mile and a half is within his scope.”

Pletcher said Smith would be back aboard Palace Malice for the Belmont.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited May 2013
    I'm very surprised to see that Palace Malice is pointing at the Belmont. Doesn't seem like the best spot for him, but i guess everyone figures it's wide-open, so why not give it a try?

John, my vote is for the King's Bishop on the Belmont undercard. Not that my vote means anything, lol.
    edited May 2013
    I'm very surprised to see that Palace Malice is pointing at the Belmont. Doesn't seem like the best spot for him, but i guess everyone figures it's wide-open, so why not give it a try?

John, my vote is for the King's Bishop on the Belmont undercard. Not that my vote means anything, lol.

I say fire away. He could still be the best 3YO in America (exaggeration), have we seen a competent ride yet? Gomez buzzed that speed horse in the lane in the Bluegrass, and caused him to switch leads IMO, and that was on a surface he is (was?) unproven.

Todd seems to know that he's much better than shown, and that speaks volumes to me.