Golden Frontier

FloydrturboFloydrturbo Member
edited May 2013 in Horse Racing Forum
Golden Frontier comes back out in the 9th at Churchill today.
John was high on this one a while back.

Comments

• John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited May 2013
    I'm still high on him!

Jim Dodgen has had a hell of a time keeping him healthy. When he's right, he's very good. Golden Frontier is a very quick 6f type who could have been a turf sprinter type, ala Linda Rice type. But, injuries have held him back. If memory serves me right, he is entered going 6 1/2 today, and I think it is a $60k clm type allowance with no world beaters in the race. Lots of good jockeys at CD but I'm not sure Greta Kuntzweiller would make my top 5 list. Nevertheless, she will get us a better price. Normally I would think a horse like Golden Frontier needs a race or two to get back into shape, but with this 5yo gelding, he may not have two races in him without getting hurt again?
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited May 2013
    Golden Frontier was probably rushed a little to make his last start at OP in early April, which was his first back since runing against the likes of Dunlanny and other Sprint champions last summer at CD. Yet, his works leading up to the OP race, and the few since, have been real eye-openers! Expect Golden Frontier to pop the box and take this group on a merry-go-round to the winner's circle. 4-1 or so seems about right? I just hope he can handle that bastard 1/2 furlong at the end of the race, but hopefully by then he will be out in front by 5 or 6 and coast home!

3yo fillies in another race today, and take a good look at Plenty O'Toole, named after her father, no doubt!
    Plenty looked plenty good in her last few and looks to be sitting on a big effort today?