It's a numbers game. Really?

dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
edited May 2013 in Horse Racing Forum
Horse racing is so logical in theory. A person with a strong math background (fuck, anyone with a brain) has an advantage, right?

While it still helps to have a brain, it seems that financial (math) types rarely do well (profit) in horse racing. IEAH and Blackrock (correct me if it's another I'm thinking of) come immediately to mind, but I'm sure there are many others.

I guess at the end of the day, they're animals, and even then - they're only as good as the drugs they're given.

Here's what's left:

1) Credible Inside Info (not "so-and-so said he was training in quicksand at altitude for this").
2) Flat bet angles - You just play the percentage and leave nothing out. For instance, and relative to another thread discussion, Bill Spawr and Agapito Delgadillo have shown a flat bet profit of $2.18 over a huge (85?) horse sample going back 2 years. That's how you grind out $1.5k in $200 bets. There's plenty of other angles out there.

Anything else?

Comments

• rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited May 2013
    Bill spawr 1st off claim used to be deadly..not sure how the roi is now???

The classic dnf race then posting a 3f blow out within 7 days of the race. Play back..