Unraced maiden working with Palace Malice

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited June 2013 in Horse Racing Forum
A friend of mine pointed out something in a DRF article about Palace Malice working with a maiden named Catron as he prepares for this weekend's Belmont Stakes. So i did a little research on the horse, and here's what i came up with....

Aside from the June 2 heads-up drill with Palace Malice (obviously a huge positive), it appears that Catron was slightly out-worked from the gate (.01 slower) by Comare on May 13. Comare then came out of that drill to run in a maiden race on May 30, finishing 8th (as the 9/5 post-time favorite) after stumbling at the start. Yuck.

In the work prior to that on May 5, Catron worked heads-up with a 4yo barnmate named Welter Weight, who eventually ran in a maiden race (off a long layoff) on May 27, finishing 4th (again as a 2/1 post-time favorite), beaten about 3 1/2 lengths at the wire. Yuck again.

Conflicting info (when contrasted with the Palace Malice workout), which is sometimes the case. Sad but true. Really not sure what to expect when this one is entered, except very probably a shortish price. We'll see.

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited June 2013
    Catron is entered @ Belmont today (Race 5).
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited June 2013
    I was told they are going straight to the front with this 1ster as the track has been bias for about a week now. I'm on a different horse in this event, good luck to you all.
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited June 2013
    Opened at even money...lets see what he ends at..
    edited June 2013
    Like Charlie's picnic in here with 2nd time lasix..put him over he 6,7 over all...
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited June 2013
    Catron wins @ $4.30
    edited June 2013
    Well meant today...the money wasn wrong..