Question re: Beyer Pars

KellyRaeKellyRae Junior Member
edited June 2013 in Horse Racing Forum
I was looking at the Beyer Pars contained in the latest version of the Racing Manual.

Included was a category for: ACN (1-Y), ANC, ANS

I gather that this relates to some kind of top tier allowance races (e.g., classified or non-conditional allowance races, as opposed to NW1X, NW2L, etc.), but don't understand what the acronyms are about.

Anyone know?

Also I noticed that some of the Claiming categories are just listed as "Cond C $$$-$$$" which I gather to be conditional claiming races (with unspecified conditions?), but the pars in these cases often seemed to be higher than comparable categories of Claiming races for the same tag prices, but without conditions -- which doesn't make logical sense.

Anybody else notice this/understand what is going on?

Comments

• jjohns7777jjohns7777 Senior Member
    edited June 2013
    I was pretty interested in your question, so I did a little internet search. Didn't find anything about your specific question, but I came across a very good PDF file you might find useful:

http://www.thoroughbredink.com/files/Download/DRF_PP_Guide.pdf
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited June 2013
    KellyRae wrote: »
    I was looking at the Beyer Pars contained in the latest version of the Racing Manual.

Included was a category for: ACN (1-Y), ANC, ANS

I gather that this relates to some kind of top tier allowance races (e.g., classified or non-conditional allowance races, as opposed to NW1X, NW2L, etc.), but don't understand what the acronyms are about.

Anyone know?

Also I noticed that some of the Claiming categories are just listed as "Cond C $$$-$$$" which I gather to be conditional claiming races (with unspecified conditions?), but the pars in these cases often seemed to be higher than comparable categories of Claiming races for the same tag prices, but without conditions -- which doesn't make logical sense.

Anybody else notice this/understand what is going on?

LOL. Clearly not CigarShop. However, I gotta be honest about conditions, racing secretaries are getting to be like the mortgage bankers the way they write these Optional Claiming / Starter combo races (making a lot of people with no business racing eligible just to fill races). They've spread to NorCal as well.
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited June 2013
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    LOL. Clearly not CigarShop. However, I gotta be honest about conditions, racing secretaries are getting to be like the mortgage bankers the way they write these Optional Claiming / Starter combo races (making a lot of people with no business racing eligible just to fill races). They've spread to NorCal as well.

Hmmm No pat down?
  • KellyRaeKellyRae Junior Member
    edited June 2013
    Thanks -- I also searched the net quite a bit and wasn't able to find anything.

Would guess:
    ACN(1-y) are allowance races of the Allowance n$y variety, but not sure how that ties to acronym
    ANC are allowance races with no conditions
    ANS are allowance races where all are eligible other than Stakes winners (rare, but I found a desctiption of race type classifications which indicate that NS is a description of a kind of allowance race)

Surprised no one seems to know, since it is how all the Beyer pars are listed in the Racing Manual, as well as on some online lists of pars -- but none seem to describe what the acronyms stand for, although they are always grouped together with a single par that is generally in excess of the NW4X allowance pars (or other top restricted allowance race pars).
    edited June 2013
    Mikenyce wrote: »
    Hmmm No pat down?

If "Kelly" ever acts up, remind me to get a female security guard for the pat-down.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited June 2013
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    If "Kelly" ever acts up, remind me to get a female security guard for the pat-down.

Watch TV. Watch Movies. | Online | Free | Hulu
    edited June 2013