Belmont Saturday--Hill Prince Race 8

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited June 2013 in Horse Racing Forum
3yo going one mile turf $100k

Going to concentrate more on Churchill tonight, but I got a little info on the feature today at Big Sandy. Aron Wellman used to be the International guru at Team Valor. As you are aware, he left Barry Irwin some time ago and started Eclipse Thoroughbred Partners. Over the last year, Wellman and Dogwood started a new venture and that agrement seems to be working well and may evolve into something more permanent. In any event, I got a sort of prospectus a few weeks ago on this new Eclipse acquisition and the word is there is great upside?

#8 RED ROCKER, 10-1

Purchased off his debut last month at Newmarket in England where he ran a very good 2nd. My belief(well founded) is that he is being pointed to grass Spa races and then on to SA for the Breeders Cup. DRF shows his trainer as euro Meehan, who has had success in Dubai and at BC with Red Rocks. Form shows no works but I'm told not to worry, he's plenty fit. Jockey change from Frankie Detori to Lil Davey Cohen , but many think lil Davey is an underrated grass jock. Jumps right into stakes for his U.S. debut, and gets 1st time lasix and blin/on.

This looks like the kind of horse that we may never get 10-1 on again, so I'm willin' to take a flyer on him at that price.

Let's hope when Lil Davey turns for home that the "RED ROCKER" can drive 55 down the lane and we can all celebrate with a few shots of Cabbo Wabbo!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Comments

• John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited June 2013
    don't know what I did to post twice---sorry---I was trying to correct the jock name from Frankie to keiren fallon and the post appearred twice. It's early and my mind is working like I've already been into the Cabbo Wabbo!
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited June 2013
    Good luck today, John.

Btw, do you know anything about this Pletcher maiden @ Belmont today (Catron) who worked with Palace Malice right before the Belmont win?
    edited June 2013
    Nothing, really?

He is unraced which signals problems to me. Papers show that he is owned and bred by Aaron & Marie Jones, who are a blue as it gets. I thought they had a dispersal sale a few years back but apparently they are back in the business. Aaron has to be 100 years old? This colt is by Distorted Humor and a A.P. Indy mare. Based on bloodlines, he may want two turns, as opposed to going 6f today. Yet, TAP uses the birds of a feather training system, which would indicate that the barn thinks alot of him? I'd like him alot better at 5-1, but we all know he will be hammered at the windows!
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited June 2013
    John you said your focus is on Churchill downs..I see treasury bill is in the Winn stakes and not in Ellis barn no more..I'm on abstraction in there as a up and comer..
    edited June 2013
    Ray,

the all-stakes pick 4 is one hell of a sequence. IMO, I think I'm going to single Royal Delta and Abstraction, then hit the "ALL" button in the Foster, and go about 7 deep in the Regret. I just hope to catch a price in the Foster and the Regret! Golden Frontier runs earlier in the card and that sob owes me so much I can't leave him out of my plays!
    edited June 2013
    I wrote down the wrong day--Golden Frontier ran on Friday and ran 2nd again. I feel like I'm already ahead on the day!
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited June 2013
    Royal delta just didn't have it...throwing the 10 bellarine behind abstraction for the ex..
    edited June 2013
    Royal Delta flops and I'm out early in the p-4. Not sure what that late move inside was all about, but she wasn't gonna catch Houdini(Joel).

Red Rocker broke in a tangle and had to rush up, where he showed very good turn of hoof, but he was not able to get into that all important easy breathing rhythm and ended up being pulled up late to finish DFL!

I will not give up, as his new stable mate , Byrama, ran off today to upset Vanity at BHP. He needs a little work?