Spa Stakes--Friday

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited July 2013 in Horse Racing Forum
I usually wish I were at Saratoga every day of the meet--but I'm kind of happy not to be there today with 97 degrees and humidity it will be brutal!

8th Race James Marvin Stakes $100k 7f 3 & up
I'm going to take a flyer in this race at 12-1
#7 RIGHT TO VOTE, 12-1
This one hit the big time early running 3rd behind Union Rags and Alpha as a 2yo. Owned by Castner Racing and trained by Eoin Harty, he just didn't improve much and was at Oaklawn last winter where he was dicking around in opt. clm ranks, with little success. He was never dropped in for a tag but was a private purchase for around $35k from Didiers and transferred to Ron Moquett, who immediately got him off that Eoin Harty whoa program and got him on the super feed, shed the blinkers, and put him on lasix. The results have been impressive and he has wheeled off two wins since the change in barns. The Moquett clan is high on this one and think he will sit just off early fractions of 22-45 and keep coming in this 7f event when the others start to tire from early efforts. Could be a big opening day for trainer Moquett?

Race 9 Schuylerville Stakes $150k 2yo fillies 6f
Not sure if both TAP fillies will go, but if they do it's good for us as we will be going in a different direction.
#5 BAHNAH, 7/5
Texas based trainer Brett Calhoun has never shipped to the Spa before, but he took about 5 horses up last month and they are all very good! If this fillies runs anywhere close to her debut she will win this race with ease with a powerful stretch move. Her late speed figs from debut at CD are super good. She will be a KEY horse for my play and using her on top of the Assman and Moquett fillies.
5---3/4 in ex and tri.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Comments

• John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited July 2013
    Right To Vote will sct and run in a stakes on Sat at Ellis Park.

He won't be 12-1 @ Ellis!
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited July 2013
    John. I would throw the John Robb horse in there..going to get a chance under the fav with this price..
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited July 2013
    I usually wish I were at Saratoga every day of the meet--but I'm kind of happy not to be there today with 97 degrees and humidity it will be brutal!

#7 RIGHT TO VOTE, 12-1
    This one hit the big time early running 3rd behind Union Rags and Alpha as a 2yo. Owned by Castner Racing and trained by Eoin Harty, he just didn't improve much and was at Oaklawn last winter where he was dicking around in opt. clm ranks, with little success. He was never dropped in for a tag but was a private purchase for around $35k from Didiers and transferred to Ron Moquett, who immediately got him off that Eoin Harty whoa program and got him on the super feed, shed the blinkers, and put him on lasix. The results have been impressive and he has wheeled off two wins since the change in barns. The Moquett clan is high on this one and think he will sit just off early fractions of 22-45 and keep coming in this 7f event when the others start to tire from early efforts. Could be a big opening day for trainer Moquett?

Not sure if both TAP fillies will go, but if they do it's good for us as we will be going in a different direction.
    #5 BAHNAH, 7/5
    Texas based trainer Brett Calhoun has never shipped to the Spa before, but he took about 5 horses up last month and they are all very good! If this fillies runs anywhere close to her debut she will win this race with ease with a powerful stretch move. Her late speed figs from debut at CD are super good. She will be a KEY horse for my play and using her on top of the Assman and Moquett fillies.
    5---3/4 in ex and tri.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

I bet every horse coming off his program. Why are they racing? They should do dressage.
    edited July 2013
    Shout out FB. The guy was with family today and took time out to get me situated for opening day at the SPA. I hate shilling, but he's really a good guy.
    edited July 2013

#7 RIGHT TO VOTE, 12-1

#5 BAHNAH, 7/5
    5---3/4 in ex and tri.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

5/2 Favorite @ Ellis.