Arkie spots @ Spa--Thursday

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited September 2013 in Horse Racing Forum
The boyz from Arkansas are lickin their chops over two running today at Saratoga for local connections trainer Randy Morse.

In the 8th--#3 No Distinction, 7/2, is a very fast 3yo colt going 5 1/2 on turf. His maiden breaker last winter at Oaklawn was eye-popping and he has come back to dominate at CD since. Randy Morse won't ship to Spa unless he's loaded for bear!

In the 3rd--#6 Friend's Pro, 10-1, is another Morse trainee 2yo fillie who is said to be working like a pro! Local Hot Springs girl Nancy Ury is the proud owner of this quick fillie and the Arkie gang will be trackside today for her debut.

Got to go now, work calls, but check back later for more info?

Comments

• John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited July 2013
    Forgot to mention in the 5th--#5 Zip On, 10-1, was a rail drawn speed and fade in debut at CD and has been working like a beast over at Fair Hill.
    edited July 2013
    Wrong info! #5 Zip On has not been at Fair Hill--#4 Jerry Love, the Arkie bred, is the one working well.
    4/5/6 ex and tri box looks tempting?
  • JermanJerman Senior Member
    edited July 2013
    John, good info yesterday. Today any insight on the Morse horse in the 2nd at Saratoga today.
    edited July 2013
    Not really--this is one that Randy got via clm for $25k and jumped her way up in class at Cd, with little success.

She will show speed but a $35k clm at the Spa is still tough company?

wps on a small level!

Ricardo Santana gets his debut at the Spa today for the Assman in the Curlin Stakes. #5 Proud Strike, 3-1, Race 8--
    He is a real up and comer in the jockey ranks and he is on a very live horse for the Assman!
  • JermanJerman Senior Member
    edited September 2013
    Friends Pro running at Churchill today.
    edited September 2013
    Friend's Pro ran 3 very good races at the SPA, but could not find the winner's circle, which is no disgrace given the level of competition.

Now, she has had 3 weeks since her last effort and no published works? But, she drops from Spa clm $75k to a $30k CD clm event. Nevertheless, she is in against a field of dogs today and she should win for fun, but at a ml of 7/5, I would guess she will be more like 4/5 at post time. No value at the w/p level, so I'm playing her in a tri key with the key 6---1/7/9.

My Dogwood partners have a runner today at Belmont 5th, a MSW $80k event going 7f on the weeds. Speed has been ok on these grass races and this looks like it could be no exception.

#9 Cowboy Prince, 8-1, will show early speed under Javier and will be right there with the fav, #4 Our Emerald Forest, 5/2. Cowboy Prince has run much better than his PP's show, and he has a long stride which should serve him well. Johnny V. gets back on #8, Charlie's Picnic, 5-1, for Mark Hennig, and this is a move that hits at a big price often. I'm playing a ex bx 4/8/9.

Next Saturday at Belmont is shaping up to be a good one. Can't wait!
    edited September 2013
    Where the hell did the rain come from in NY?

Off-turf in all races and muddy track. In the 5th-- the fav is sct(#4) and I am informed that this moves #9 Cowboy Prince up a little, but his lone try over a muddy track was a disaster. Probably a pass for me?

Churchill 6th has a big sct, #9. Still a tri key with 6---1/5/7.

GL