Mentor Cane???

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited September 2013 in Horse Racing Forum
Mentor Cane goes today at the Spa. Lot of reasons not to like his chances--guess that's why he is 6-1 ml!

Race 10--Amsterdam Stakes
3yo GII $200k 6 1/2 f

#1 Mentor Cane, 6-1
We know he can run, and he will have to today as he draws the rail and has speed all around him. Prado is not the jock he once was, and he will have to pop the box and go, but I'm not sure Prado has that gear anymore?

Assman sends out #7 Mico Margarita, 5-1, and this one will sit off a hot pace and get clear sailing coming down the lane. Young jock Ricardo Santana gets the call, and this time he won't clip heels and almost fall(Friday).

Don't blink as this race will be over very quickly!

Comments

• John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited July 2013
    Good of time as any to post an update on my 2yo--Morse, late foal by Tapit/Friends Included(Include)

He is a late foal so he was still in Aiken when the fire broke out last Saturday. (He had a bucked shin and was pin-fired which set him back in his lessons)

We were really fortunate in that Shiek Mo was throwing a big wedding party when the fire broke out. Dogwood and Darly share the Aiken training center. Several of the Darly folks came over and got all the horses out safely, including Morse(Pun intended)

Say what you want about the Arabs, but they love their horses, and I'm sure thankful they came to our assistance!

Anyway, Morse went out on the track on Wednesday morning and went 3/8 in 36 and galloped out 1/2 in 49, which is very strong over the deep Aiken training track. That work was good enough to change our plans and today he ships out for Belmont and TAP barn. We expect to see him make his debut sometime in late September at Belmont. Nothing quite like having a good 2yo in the barn!
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited July 2013
    Should also mention that Morse will not be a barn favorite of the TAP exercise crew. He is flat-out honery and will bite, kick, and do anything else possible to throw his rider. But, he does like to train, and he does like to go fast! Poor Jake Nelson will have his hands full with Morse!
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited July 2013
    Joel is a fucking beast. I (we?) sound like a broken record, but, fuck. He just guides the horse out to the center of the track and then runs you down (although he couldn't crack the Dogwood filly). Turf, dirt, whatever.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited July 2013
    This colt ran a hell of a race, blowing the turn and still dug in to get 3rd after setting the pace. If this one can get his head straight he will be a stakes winner. NUT CASE!!!! Might have to GELD!!!
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited September 2013
    Poor guy broke down yesterday in a work and had to be put down..very sad
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited September 2013
    Too much power. Sad.