Prince of Whales Stakes (Fort Erie)

DuckgawdDuckgawd Senior Member
edited July 2013 in Horse Racing Forum
Fort Erie is breaking a little tradition here by running Canada's 2nd leg of the triple crown on a tuesday evening race card. Post time is around 7:45 PM, $500,000 race going 1to 3/16th on the main track- we have a couple scratches which will leave us a field of 6you and most likely a heavy favorite with #1 Uncaptured who skipped the plate after a not so god run over the poly track, this one loves some dirt and seems to be the logical pick. Fort Erie and the Prince of Whales stakes has a funny way of bringing home some price's, i am gonna look to #7 Niigon's Glory 15-1 to spring an upset here, this one i think can improve greatly with the switch to dirt track as you see in workouts a couple bullets on woodbine training track which is dirt. Also adding blinkers today might put this one a little more forwardly placed if not on the lead, i dont see fast fractions being set here and we might ne able to steal one if we get first jump on the 1. Might head up there after work see how i feel in a couple hours.

Had a great time up at the SPA better then ever, good to see palace malice come home a winner, and see Johnny V break the record, mike smith, the dogwood team in the winners circle. Was a great fun day and would recommed it to anyone- if you want dinner after the races call ahead for reservations as it seemed the whole town was booked!

Comments

• DuckgawdDuckgawd Senior Member
    edited July 2013
    Race 4 - #7 heavely mission coming off the maiden score adding half furlong won't hurt, 4-1 ML
    edited July 2013
    Ran out in the 4th

On to the 5th- #5 beyond my control - put a line through the last as just didn't fire that day. I think can come back with a better effort today.WP wager here
    edited July 2013
    Late scratch in the 5th

Race 6: gonna try to beat a well deserving favorite in #6 who cruised in same condition 2 back, I'm gonna take a sprinter stretching out 1st time #1 who is also 7 wins from 10 starts at the fort. Square price will pay WP
    edited July 2013
    Ran out in the 6th

Race 7: take a shot here- no horse has won going 5F on the turf in this field and only 2 have a win on the turf. I'll rid with #3 who has a 2nd and a 3rd going 5 and coming off a career best speed fig and see how far the speed can carry us. Then on to the big race.
    edited July 2013
    Couple of 3rds in the last two, uncaptured much the best and won impressively. See if he can compete with some 3 yo on this side of the boarder.