Whitney Hdc.--Long Run?

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited August 2013 in Horse Racing Forum
I've been going over the PP's for the last hour or so while watching "The History of the Eagles", and it seems to me that the ml fav's are very vulnerable.

When Fort Larned is good, he is very good. His last race was as good as you will ever witness. But, he has a history of not putting many together. At times he breaks so fast that he stumbles or looses his jock(B.J. Hernandez, who is not remotely in the same league as his opponents). Plus, he will get plenty of pressure up front from Cross Traffic, who at 5/2 you have to wonder why is he getting this ml when he has failed to carry his speed at a mile and now he goes 1 1/8.

"Who can go the distance, we'll find out in the Long Run"

Ron The Greek, 6-1, is an old warrior who just keeps plodding and coming after you. This might be his time to shine? This years Whitney sets up perfect for him and we all know that Bill Mott has him cranked-up for today's big payoff. From the 1/8 pole to the wire, Ron the Greek will be running "Life In The Fast Lane"

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Comments

• MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited August 2013
    Just buried the 5th at Saratoga cashed the ticket and pla?ed my wager for the Whitney. The lady at the window says to me, really?
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited August 2013
    Mike, Joel needs a horse..lol..going with my boy ft. Larned and throwing fast falcon behind in the ex..
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited August 2013
    Going with the same I played last year in the Travets Alpha on top w Fast Falcon 2nd and 3rd. Also going to play FF on top with Alpha 2nd and 3rd think FF is going to run big today.