Saratoga play for Saturday

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited March 2014 in Horse Racing Forum
Saratoga - Race 6

#7 In Trouble (8/1 ml)

Think we may have a good one here. Tiz Wonderful firster for the excellent Anthony Dutrow barn worked heads-up @ Fair Hill last month with I'm Mom's Favorite, an older barnmate who won the Miss Preakness Stakes earlier this year. Following that fine drill, he came right back to work heads-up with fellow 2yo barnmate Miss Mischief, who came out of that drill to ship into Saratoga and win an allowance race. And lastly, this horse recently shipped in to Saratoga (probably with Miss Mischief) and worked over the local surface, with a time that's a dead-match for the Terranova 2yo Free Mugatu, who came out of that drill to win a maiden race yesterday. Not 100% sure that they worked together, but it seems likely, but even if not, the earlier drills @ Fair Hill are even more impressive anyway. Great price here.

HRT record:

90 for 338 (27%)

$775.60 mutuels ($8.62 avg)

Comments

• thebox138thebox138 Senior Member
    edited August 2013
    reason #238 you da man. #7 horse 7 to 1 WINNER
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited August 2013
    Nice...was on him also..took some early money on just 3 published works..17 bones..
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited August 2013
    In Trouble wins @ $17.20 :toast:
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited August 2013
    Great call.
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited August 2013
    DC, who are you leaning towards in the Adirondak?
    edited February 2014
    Saratoga - Race 6

#7 In Trouble (8/1 ml)

Think we may have a good one here. Tiz Wonderful firster for the excellent Anthony Dutrow barn worked heads-up @ Fair Hill last month with I'm Mom's Favorite, an older barnmate who won the Miss Preakness Stakes earlier this year. Following that fine drill, he came right back to work heads-up with fellow 2yo barnmate Miss Mischief, who came out of that drill to ship into Saratoga and win an allowance race. And lastly, this horse recently shipped in to Saratoga (probably with Miss Mischief) and worked over the local surface, with a time that's a dead-match for the Terranova 2yo Free Mugatu, who came out of that drill to win a maiden race yesterday. Not 100% sure that they worked together, but it seems likely, but even if not, the earlier drills @ Fair Hill are even more impressive anyway. Great price here.

HRT record:

90 for 338 (27%)

$775.60 mutuels ($8.62 avg)

Just doing some work on today's Gulfstream card, and came across some really nice info involving a horse that i was pretty sure i posted about here last year (turns out i did, see above).

So, In Trouble not only won the race above, but he also came back to win the Grade 2 Futurity @ Belmont the following month, and remains an unbeaten 2-for-2 lifetime.

Well, apparently he's back in training down @ Palm Meadows, because (and here's the really nice info) i caught him working heads-up twice in a row with an unraced colt named Tiger Tank, who is entered in today's second race (5/1 morning line). Be aware.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited February 2014
    I also suggest to use the 1 and 5 in this heat, that DC mentioned above. This could be a nice payoff race.

GL, FB!
    edited February 2014
    Tiger Tank ran second, paid $5.40 to place

Btw, nice comment on the #1 horse there, FB. That horse looked like a monster. Small possibility he might offer some value stepping into the stakes ranks next time out, what with the no-name trainer. A little late for him to be any kind of Derby prospect though, i would think. It'll be interesting to see where he turns up next.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited February 2014
    Tiger Tank ran second, paid $5.40 to place

Btw, nice comment on the #1 horse there, FB. That horse looked like a monster. Small possibility he might offer some value stepping into the stakes ranks next time out, what with the no-name trainer. A little late for him to be any kind of Derby prospect though, i would think. It'll be interesting to see where he turns up next.

Here is what I put on my sheet regarding the 1 yesterday, he lived up the my billing.

Race 2 - #1 – Social Inclusion – W/P – This one is going straight to the front with a clean break from the RAIL, and they will have to run their ass off to catch this one down the lane.
    edited March 2014
    In Trouble just got beat a couple of necks in the Gotham Stakes yesterday, at odds of 9/2. Pretty nice comeback race.
    edited March 2014
    In Trouble is back in today's Grade 2 Louisiana Derby.