Spa 7th

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited August 2013 in Horse Racing Forum
Alw $82k n1x 3 & up 6f

#1 GOOGLEADO, 6-1

When trainer Randy Morse got this Argentine colt he was hell bent on turning him into a champion miler. It has not worked out so today Randy gets his head out of his ass and enters him in a race going 6f. In his last few, he has led or pressed blistering fractions only to give it up late going 6 1/2 or 7 f against better. We expect him to pop the box today and carry his speed this abbreviated distance. The one hole has not been kind, but Googleado is no stranger to riding the rail so we don't anticipate this being a problem. Robbie Albarado returns to take the call after Johnny was on last out. With the Baffert/Bejarano runner and other big time connections I think we will get 9-1 or better? Randy thinks if a little rain comes it will help even more?

#1 w/p
exotic key 1---4/6/10

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Comments

• wire2wirewire2wire Senior Member
    edited August 2013
    Rain is forecasted...w2w
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited August 2013
    For what it's worth, I neglected to mention that Googleado came out of his last race in fine shape and came back to work about a week ago going 4f in 47.2 which ranked around 2/40 that day. I sure hope the rains come down!
  • FakeMavenFakeMaven Junior Member
    edited August 2013
    Thanks for this....I've been working on the race for a long time (for a contest) and your comments have helped a great deal. This is a heck of a tough race. My worry is that there will be a lot of "hitting" up front. The Baffert scares me and I'm adding the #3 who might just be in the right spot to sweep past the front runners at the wire.

Caveat: Cohen's riding has been very poor during this meet IMO

Best of luck
  • FakeMavenFakeMaven Junior Member
    edited August 2013
    #1 Scratched
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited August 2013
    FakeMaven wrote: »
    #1 Scratched

Along with everything else today. Taking my last stand today with Alpha thought I would get double digits odds forget it with the scratches!
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited August 2013
    Mikenyce wrote: »
    Along with everything else today. Taking my last stand today with Alpha thought I would get double digits odds forget it with the scratches!

Admire your dedication.
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited August 2013
    Jeez about time!!! Wheeled him in $5 doubles need a longshot on this upcoming race!
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited August 2013
    Bastard knocked me out of the pk4.. Soon as he won I said mike better have him