Remington Springboard Mile--Sun 6:14 EST

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited December 2013 in Horse Racing Forum
Race 9
2yo $250k

Big purse from the Okie track, but basically just a prep race for Oaklawn 3yo series which starts in just a little less than 4 weeks. Speed galore in here and a majority will find getting one mile a tough task?

#9 BOJI MOON, 4-1
ML fav @ 4-1, but probably well deserved. Iowa bred has won on dirt and turf, only loss coming @ Keeneland when Bourbon Stakes taken off-turf and put on poly. Trainer Chris Richard has aim on Oaklawn 3yo series, and has no doubt this one will be a player. He had a final work over Oaklawn surface last Wednesday and got 4f in a eye-popping 46.2, and even though the OP surface has a good bounce to it, this number topped all others by a full 2 seconds and onlookers were blown away by his form and gallop out! However, Boji Moon won't be alone as many others are going to be forwardly placed early and I'm looking for a proven closer to make things close at the finish;

#5 SMACK SMACK, 6-1

Proven closer from Little Donnie Von Hemel barn. Not much stamina on the sire side, but the Dam was a winner going longer and she is by Victory Gallop, who could close into speed with the best of them! The connections couldn't be happier with this race and the early speed types trying to get one mile. His late pace figures are hot and if he can avoid traffic trouble he will make this a close race late.

The rest of the field has the usual cast of players from Assman, Calhoun, and Wesley Ward has a couple and brings in David Flores and Kent Desormeoux to ride. I think any of these can pick up the minor rewards.

My play:

EX BX ---5/9
TRI:
5/9--5/9---3/8/12
Super----5/9---5/9---3/8/12---2/3/7/8/12

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Comments

• fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited December 2013
    Boji will be at best 8/5 in the gate, pools are way to small to handle the money coming on him today.
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited December 2013
    #2 Dunkin Bend
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited December 2013
    Suprising Boji goes off at 3/1 and was flat down the lane as an overlay.