Santa Anita 5th

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited January 2014 in Horse Racing Forum
Race 5
oc $62,500n2x or other conditions?
1 1/16 4 & up

Two big hitters in this race and both will be slammed at the windows--however, both appear to be in a down spiral form wise and look like a play against?

#6 Den's Legacy, 5/2
well thought of last spring as he hooked up against the likes of Will Take charge, Oxbow, Flashback, and goldenscents. After Ark Derby, Baffert put him on poly and he has run on turf since. Recent works over SA dirt surface don't support his low odds, and he is a likely loser in here as he is tailing off of late.

#7 Setsuko, 2-1
7 yo gelding is back class all the way! No disgrace running behind the likes of Game On Dude, Ron The Greek, Twirling Candy, and Acclamation. He came back from time off to run at BHP over poly in last and looked like he has lost a step. Yet, 2nd back from the layoff is a mojo angle and I can see him running well ---but 2nd today?

#4 Say Ow, 3-1
4yo gelding son of Langfur has been a career turf horse for Julio Canani, but he has been working over SA dirt and his works are very impressive. All signals are positive that he will be a major player in this race today, and the odds on the other stars should guarantee at least 4-1 or even better? He should be in the front group and just keep coming late as he certainly will excel at this distance.

#4 W/P
4---7---All---All for exotics

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Comments

• fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    John,

I got your email the other day and I will send out a response tomorrow on a package for you. I hope all is well on your end and I was told this morning from someone in the Baffert barn they will put Den up close to the lead today and he has worked well coming into this race. They are thinking they will have the lead turning for home and should hold all at bay down the lane. Just an FYI.

Happy New Year!!!!
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    The info was spot on, but Den couldn't hold the 1 1/2 lead in the stretch only to lose by 1/2 length. The price was solid and it's time to retire the 7yo gelding Setsuko at this point of his career.
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    Yeah if he wasn't wide early he wins. setsuko needs more distance at this point. Like 500 miles. To turf paradise.