COASTLINE---one to watch

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited August 2014 in Horse Racing Forum
Coastline, a 3yo colt who will run on Monday in the Smarty Jones Stakes at Oaklawn. By Speightstown and a graded stakes winning mare, Culinary, this big gray was on my watchlist from his works down at Palm Meadows and now jumps way up after he shows up at Oaklawn. Before he left Florida, he worked a head's up bullet with Conquest Titan, who is headed to the Holy Bull.

Coastline worked over OP strip on Monday and caught the eye of many, while under a stranglehold from jock Eurico de Silva. Big and big chested, he looks like he could be anykind. One to take a good look at on Monday!

Hard to get a good handle on opening week-end at Oaklawn. In the cheaper races you had to wonder how some of the ones that got in the money did it???? Cobalt may be running free in the cheap races!

Comments

• John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    They drew this morning for monday's Smarty Jones Stakes and COASTLINE got the worst of it, 10 out of 10.

Shawn Bridgmohan is listed to come up from FG for the mount, and he has been on this one for his last few. Good sign that he wants to keep the mount, but bad sign is the 10 hole and the short stretch of the mile run at OP.
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    John. Did you see the Lukas maiden breaker today. Ireland won by 7 . Paying about 28 bucks..
    edited January 2014
    Ireland looked like a real good one. He is a late foal who Lukas threw to the wolves last summer at Spa and showed nothing. His works leading up to this race were not impressive either. By Afleet Alex and a Storm Bird mare, Ireland may just be coming into his own and figuring out what he is supposed to be doing? You have to think that Lukas will look ahead to a 3yo stakes after today's effort. BTW, If you have not been watching the handle and payoff figures from Oaklawn, they are quite good. The two pick 4's today on a dollar paid $6,500 and ten large respectively.
    edited January 2014
    Wrong gender--Ireland is a little 3yo fillie and she will most definitely be pointed toward Graded Fantasy Stakes and Kentucky Oaks. After what she showed today--don't think her stretching out from one mile to longer will be a problem as she was extending her lead late while still showing a lot of run!
    edited January 2014
    Forgot to mention that Ireland is a full sibling to Dublin, who Lukas also had in his barn. Dublin was a wide-bodied chestnut who was a picture of beauty. I thought he was standing in New York but that may have changed.
    edited January 2014
    Mike should be all over her now..him and Dublin go way back..
    edited February 2014
    I thought Ireland ran a good 3rd today at oaklawn. I think she will be a little closer next out.
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited February 2014
    rayphil wrote: »
    Mike should be all over her now..him and Dublin go way back..

NOOOOO IM not getting sucked into this one lol
    edited March 2014
    Here we go...Ireland at oaklawn today 8-1 ml...let's go Jon court..
    edited March 2014
    Thanks Ray didn't even know it was running now I don't have a choice lol
    edited March 2014
    Nothing...didn't even get a run.
    edited August 2014
    Ireland is entered in tomorrow's 6th at SPA. 20-1