Santa Anita - Race 6 - Keep An Eye One

fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
edited October 2014 in Horse Racing Forum
Bobbie B has two runners in this race, The Admiral which we beat last out with Cool Samurai last out is the odds on favorite. But I have been told by someone in the barn that Baffert's wife horse Day of Fury is the REAL DEAL. That last work was really a gate work up with Mike Smith in the irons. It's not the workout time I was told, it was the gallop out!!! They said this colt galloped out like he haven't even worked!!!! It very suspicious that Bob's starts this horse today for his wife going a route of ground 1st out and facing The Admiral which has been the talk of TVG for a while. I'm going to do something I never do in wagering is make a play on Day of Fury going two turns 1st out this a cardinal sin in my handicapping methods. I see this being a barn play as they will get a decent price on Day of Fury running against the so called better stable mate coming off a huge effort last out.

Good Luck, FB

Comments

• John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    Rick Hammerly of SA just made a comment about Jill Baffert's #9 Day of Fury. He said that Bob was just giddy when talking about this one.

In the 5th today at Oaklawn Park, a msw 3 & up f&m going one mile---#3 Miracle Run, 7/2--noted Kentucky horseman G. Watts Humphrey has sent over a string of good horses for the msw purses. I was over Saturday when this one worked in the slop with Rosemary in the saddle. She is coming out of her skin and primed for a big race. All the money will be on #4 Rockport Honey, who has beaten Miracle Run twice but the races were close. This sure looks like a two-horse race where a tri exotic is hittable with 3/4--3/4--5/6/7.
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    Thanks Kenny. I've got the same info, this one could be any kind. Hopefully we get 2-1.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    The bet him like the race was over and was that colt green as grass. Broke from the open outside post and hesitated from the break and was rank through the 1st turn and you will probably get the same price as this 1st start. That's why I never back a horse going two turns 1st out, it's a tough proposition to win.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited January 2014
    I was on this one too.

The main problem i had with him was not necessarily the two turns, but more the fact that he was breaking from the outside post while going two turns. That makes it even tougher.

We'll see what happens next time out. Still one to watch, obviously.
    edited January 2014
    He is back in on Thursday in Race 6 at The Great Race Place!!
    edited October 2014
    BUMP, He's also back in the last at SA! Looks to be in form and sound as well.