Gulfstream play for Friday (Jan 24)

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited January 2014 in Horse Racing Forum
Gulfstream - Race 7

#9 Harbor the Dream (12/1 ml)

Rockport Harbor filly for Steve Towne worked heads-up earlier this month with barnmate Best Try, who was last seen running third (beaten just over a length) at odds of 28/1 when debuting over a one-turn mile here on December 8. Following that drill, she then turned in an outstanding 3rd-of-124 workout in her most recent move here a couple of weeks ago.

I am not very happy that today's rider Cruz has gone 0-for-17 with this barn @ Gulfstream (since the beginning of last year), but it does seem very plausible that this gal is live today, and she is not exactly facing top-level competition in this modest state-bred affair. Considering the big price, i think she's worth a shot.

HRT record:

94 for 345 (27%)

$807.30 mutuels ($8.59 avg)

Comments

• fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    I'm hearing that the 2/5 are suppose to be live out the gate today as well. Look like a good box below.

2-5-8-9

gl, fb
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    Dogwood Stable mgmt thinks #7 All Tied Up, 5/2 in race 5 will get a diploma today. Ex bx 4--7--10 looks like a good hedge play with the exotics?

The cold weather in Hot Springs has forced them to withhold water on the track--loose and dusty as hell, and look for early speed to be holding thru Sat. The kick-back yesterday was brutal!
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited January 2014
    Dogwood Stable mgmt thinks #7 All Tied Up, 5/2 in race 5 will get a diploma today. Ex bx 4--7--10 looks like a good hedge play with the exotics?

The cold weather in Hot Springs has forced them to withhold water on the track--loose and dusty as hell, and look for early speed to be holding thru Sat. The kick-back yesterday was brutal!

Indeed he did. And check my play for today...it's related to All Tied Up.