Santa Anita play for Sunday (Jan 26)

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited February 2014 in Horse Racing Forum
Santa Anita - Race 7

#6 Superlooper (9/2 ml)

Discreet Cat colt for Baffert brought $410k at the March Ocala sale after working the fastest furlong at the under-tack show (9.4). More recently, he worked a heads-up best-of-63 bullet (from the gate) with Roger Rocket, who came out of that drill to win his debut here last weekend. Looks live.

HRT record:

94 for 347 (27%)

$807.30 mutuels ($8.59 avg)

Comments

• John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    The plan on Superlooper is to win this one and then go south to Oaklawn Park for a possible Rebel Hdc. and then maybe Ark Derby. Don't think 9/2 is realistic but 3-1--7/2 would be a gift! This young colt is a freak and he should wire these with ease. Every teller in the OP jockey club has the inside info from Ford Family, and they are loading up! ME TOO!!!!!
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    You all are going to have your hands full with Tommy Proctor 2nd timer today. This isn't a walk over with him in the race and I see the West Coast WHALES backing Proctor today in this event. I see this Proctor horse going off less than the 9/5 ml that is listed. I think when the gates pop Chelios will be 7/5 at best and will be ultra tough down the lane.

GL, FB
    edited January 2014
    Baffert camp has told the Ford's that they have not seen one this fast since "The Factor", when talking about Superlooper.
    It looks to me that #1 Chelios did his best running over the Hollywood poly surface. His works since moving over to SA are dismal. Gary Stevens will have to get a clean trip from the rail as Chelios does not appear to have early turn of hoof. If it takes him a while to get rolling, this race will be over! IMO.
    edited January 2014
    Good luck to you all, I'm sitting on the sidelines and I hope Chelios takes all the money so you all can CASH at a nice price. The FACTOR!!!!
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited January 2014
    Great info Jon, thanks!

FB is right though, this is a tough race...
    edited January 2014
    I'm starting to believe that we may get a good price, maybe 6-1 or so? Seems that Andy Harrington was giving all A's to the #9 Sayer's Hill, who is 5/2 2nd choice and Rafael B. gets the call. Sayer's Hill has blistering works leading up to his first back after a lone try last summer at Del Mar. If he and Superlooper engage in a suicide battle up front, #1 Chelios will benefit in a big way?
    edited January 2014
    John,

You made me go spend money on this race now!!! Here is Andy's W/O on Sawyer's Hill.

SAWYER'S HILL

Jan 22 SA 3 :35H M FT B+ Big finish making up 5 lengths on barnmate Girl On The Lam going a full 4f in 34.3, 46.3. Tons of quality here; always adored this jet black colt.---Grade: B+

SAWYER'S HILL

Jan 17 SA 6 1:12HG M FT A- Brilliant sort ran away from Louden's Gray (Mulhall) in 23.2, 46.2, 111.3 galloping out huge in 125.0. Is the real deal.---Grade: A-
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    FB is outing my horse. Exacta potential here.
    edited January 2014
    You've been coy today, I'm sure you forward John the w/o on Sawyer! I figured I get your attention with my last post. LOL!!!
    edited January 2014
    You all about to CRUSH if SuperLooper AIRS!! 6/1 with 1 minute to go. #CashIt
    edited January 2014
    Baffert camp has told the Ford's that they have not seen one this fast since "The Factor", when talking about Superlooper.
    It looks to me that #1 Chelios did his best running over the Hollywood poly surface. His works since moving over to SA are dismal. Gary Stevens will have to get a clean trip from the rail as Chelios does not appear to have early turn of hoof. If it takes him a while to get rolling, this race will be over! IMO.

So much for a turn of foot this out!!! This game is UnReal!!! Chelios looked like the FACTOR!!!
    edited January 2014
    fbwinners wrote: »
    You've been coy today, I'm sure you forward John the w/o on Sawyer! I figured I get your attention with my last post. LOL!!!

Lol. Thanks for the Gulfstream play Kenny. Got me out today.
    edited January 2014
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    Lol. Thanks for the Gulfstream play Kenny. Got me out today.

10-4, we'll continue to cash. We work to hard at this game.
    edited January 2014
    Like you said, nice having everyone here making money. #hrt
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited February 2014
    Superlooper is back today. Giving him another shot.
    edited February 2014
    Me
    Too!

he goes in sa race 6 going 7f and 4-1 ml
    two works since last and 5f works to build some stamina?

I'm on my way to track kitchen at Oaklawn now. Will try to come back later if I pick up on anything from Westrock connections?