Robert B Lewis @ Santa Anita on Saturday

fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
edited February 2014 in Horse Racing Forum
Well I love this colt today, he will make noise on The Triple Crown trail this year. Was moved way to early in his last start and will make amends today as John has this one busting out of his skin for this race. Look for a ground saving trip from Gary today and this one will be the talk of the West Coast from this point on. He is the REAL DEAL IMO!!!

#1 - Candy Boy - W/P

GL, FB

Comments

• dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited February 2014
    I'm curious to see Cool Samurai run from off the pace. This huge horse looks like a sturdy Derby type.

In the last race, Square Dancer should be included. I thought this one waited too long last out before looking for room, and he got beat by better droppers 2 races back. I didn't grab a Form yet, correct me if I'm wrong.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited February 2014
    I like Candy Boy as well. Good luck.
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited February 2014
    Lol dead on! Thanks
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited February 2014
    Not getting over zealous yet, but Candy Boy finished in race horse time, what about a 6.19 sec. final 1/8th. That's finishing. His gallop out was tremendous as well. Can you say Santa Anita Derby favorite. This one is screaming for longer distances as well. The 1 1/8 is right up his ally all the way to the Kentucky Derby starting gate.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited February 2014
    fbwinners wrote: »
    Not getting over zealous yet, but Candy Boy finished in race horse time, what about a 6.19 sec. final 1/8th. That's finishing. His gallop out was tremendous as well. Can you say Santa Anita Derby favorite. This one is screaming for longer distances as well. The 1 1/8 is right up his ally all the way to the Kentucky Derby starting gate.

First off, nice call on Candy Boy.

Agree that he looked sharp (particularly layte, i thought). He looks like a colt with a lot of promise. I think we have to keep in mind however that he was absolutely destroyed by Shared Belief in the CashCall Futurity. And i suspect that one would've been plenty tough today, had he been healthy enough to run (he's currently dealing with some type of setback).

Like both colts, and Candy Boy is improving rapidly, but i think Shared Belief is still the king of the hill until we're shown otherwise. Just hope they can both stay healthy.

PS - Pretty nice run by Chitu today also.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited February 2014
    First off, nice call on Candy Boy.

Agree that he looked sharp (particularly layte, i thought). He looks like a colt with a lot of promise. I think we have to keep in mind however that he was absolutely destroyed by Shared Belief in the CashCall Futurity. And i suspect that one would've been plenty tough today, had he been healthy enough to run (he's currently dealing with some type of setback).

Like both colts, and Candy Boy is improving rapidly, but i think Shared Belief is still the king of the hill until we're shown otherwise. Just hope they can both stay healthy.

PS - Pretty nice run by Chitu today also.

I agree on Shared Belief, but I think his foot problem is REALLY BAD!! Not pertaining to this race but CDI included Shared Belief in the Second Pool of future wagering that ended yesterday, that is a slap in the face to Horse Players. This horse has a high % of not even making the starting gate. But back to Candy Boy, he is a legit horse going forward, I love his stride and the way he hits the ground. Looking forward to the next several months to sought out this jigsaw puzzle.