Santa Anita Wishing Well--Sunday

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited February 2014 in Horse Racing Forum
Well---another bad weather day in Arkansas, and Oaklawn just threw in the towel on 4 days of racing. I'm looking out the window and thinking that someone should put out a bounty for the hide of that Penn rodent who gave us 6 more weeks of winter weather.

The feature 8th today at SA is the Wishing Well $75k non-winners of a graded stakes since July 1, 2013, f & m 4 up going 6 1/2 on the downhill turf course.

Aron Welman is keen to get a win from My Lucky Sevens, so Callahan puts the hood on in hopes of getting her out early and holding on. Realistically, they know they are running for 2nd place purse money. The Eclipse partnership insider news web site is pretty good, and Aron does a very good job of giving out good info!

#6 Purim's Dancer, 2-1, is going to be tough in here. Proctor/Stevens and she took this race last year. She is drawn to the outside, where she likes it, and this is the most probable winner running today. No value, so I'll try hitting the exotics with a key #6 over the 1/4/5.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Comments

• John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited February 2014
    Cold weather has gone to my brain--I said Callahan but I meant to say Paddy Gallagher, the trainer of My Lucky Sevens. Callahan also trains some for Eclipse.

Anybody got any thoughts on the Donn?

Looks to me like a paceless race where somebody could steal it away, but Wayne has said that WTC will be closer than in races past.
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited February 2014
    Lea steals it!