Santa Anita - Race 7 - Bayern = Nice Colt

fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
edited February 2014 in Horse Racing Forum
Tomorrow Bob Baffert runs a nice colt named Bayern, I have bookmarked him as one of the most impressive maiden runners on the West Coast. He broke his maiden like a true Stakes Horse and I expect him to improve today going a flat 8F with GS in the saddle. He isn't worth betting as he will be 2/5 at best, but I highly urge everyone to watch this colt run. He isn't a Candy Boy at this time but has plenty of room to improve over the course of this year.

GL, FB

Comments

• Polamalu43Polamalu43 Senior Member
    edited February 2014
    FB, I'm totally with you regarding this colt.

In my eyes, he is the colt, in Cali, that will challenge the likes of Candy Boy. Baffert stated it's stakes races from here on out with this colt after today. Barring setbacks, I'm of the opinion he will be in the gate on the first Saturday in May. Tremendous upside and the sky is the limit.

Also interesting to note, the Tap It Rich is running in the same race today. I'm very interested to see if Baffert has this one straightened out. BB is hoping a change in the bit and a blinker addition will help.
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited February 2014
    Tap it rich burning more $.

Bayern as advertised. He's in the FIELD I hope.....
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited February 2014
    Can't wait to read Stevens comments---Candy Boy vs. Bayern

Do you think Baffert will keep Bayern away from Candy Boy? I hope so---so Bayern may come south for the Rebel!
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited February 2014
    fbwinners wrote: »
    Tomorrow Bob Baffert runs a nice colt named Bayern, I have bookmarked him as one of the most impressive maiden runners on the West Coast. He broke his maiden like a true Stakes Horse and I expect him to improve today going a flat 8F with GS in the saddle. He isn't worth betting as he will be 2/5 at best, but I highly urge everyone to watch this colt run. He isn't a Candy Boy at this time but has plenty of room to improve over the course of this year.

GL, FB

I hope you all watched this SERIOUS COLT, stakes winner REAL SOON. It awesome watching special horse just gallop away from a field.
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited February 2014
    They say baffert was joking after the race to Stevens saying he has to commit now..has that tactical speed so he can be in front or can sit off. Very nice colt. Sire fee was 4k and he cost 320k..